Need Long Body Cover

Mike@Loves

Planecovers.com strap to your plane with Velcro straps that stretch, the cover fits snugly, and nothing must be screwed to your plane for it to fit. The Bruce's covers that I've seen have fit loosely over the cockpit, but are tight between the snaps.

I've got one that I would let go of.  Price???? No idea what they are worth used.  It came with the plane when I purchased it.  Seems to be in like new condition.  I've only unrolled it and noticed it wouldn't fit without modifications/cutting (roof top antenna that must have been added later)  I'll be in the hanger on Thursday the 15th for some pre flight prep.  Text me if you are interested and I can roll out the cover and send you some pics 317-439-0576

God bless the kind previous owner who redid the antennas and put the GPS puck overhead and moved the antenna that used to be there!

DSC01475.thumb.JPG.0b81104a84824443a2707d9cdfc76db8.JPG

This is from Plane Covers, note the three stretchy straps. No elastic, there are large rubber rings on the belly with 6-8" worth of stretch to reach the clips. It is not flapping in the Wyoming breeze in this picture!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Hank said:

Planecovers.com strap to your plane with Velcro straps that stretch, the cover fits snugly, and nothing must be screwed to your plane for it to fit. The Bruce's covers that I've seen have fit loosely over the cockpit, but are tight between the snaps.

Do the ones from Plane Covers have a microfiber lining on the plane side?

Do you guys with these covers place the front strap over the front wheel gear doors.  When I put my cover on, its a Bruce, it either has to go over the door or pulled back to behind the door.  Either way it is putting force on the door itself.

33 minutes ago, FBCK said:

Do you guys with these covers place the front strap over the front wheel gear doors.  When I put my cover on, its a Bruce, it either has to go over the door or pulled back to behind the door.  Either way it is putting force on the door itself.

The front strap on my Plane Cover goes behind the nose gear doors, and I tuck it ~1/4" or so under the back edge of the doors.

After using a Bruce's cover outside on my prior airplane, when I purchased a new cover for my new to me Ovation (which lives in a hanger) I switched to the lighter weight "travel cover"  from Bruce.  What a great cover.  It is super light which means it rolls up and goes in the stuff sack very easily via one person.  That means I use it for day stops, not just overnights.  I use the cover for several reasons:
1) it is very water repellent and reduces the water migration in heavy rain.  

2) It makes it much less obvious that I have four thousand dollars worth of Bose headsets, one thousand dollars worth of I pad and only Pacific Coast Avionics really knows how many tens of thousands in avionics which all come out with one simple screw.  

3) The windows are a lot of work to change and UV is not their friend

4)  The cover will keep the interior ten to twenty degrees cooler in the sunshine than not having it.  

you mentioned that you wish to use the cover inside, so I'm guessing you have a dusty hanger?  We have a few at our airport and the guys use cotton sheets.  I like the idea of cotton sheets as you can take them home and launder them every six months.  A cover with snaps, velcro, buckles etc may not be as easy a laundry item.  Beside, purchasing your wife a nice new set of bed sheets for the master bed room (to free up your new plane cover from it's present use) seems like a smart domestic move?  

Thanks Glen. I found the lightweight cover on the Bruce website. Could be just what I need. My hangar in Florida is almost dust free which more than can be said for the hangar down here in St. Vincent (southern Caribbean). It is new building and the floor has not yet even sealed or painted. You can guess, but free is free! I have some dust sheets thrown over for the time being.

I have a cover I am not using made the company prior to PlaneCover (Tech something as I recall).  I can sell it cheap.  

I have not looked at it in a year, but as I remember there is a opening for the roof antenna, not a sleeve.

Cell (617) 877-0025

John Breda