Southern or Central CA Fly-In - Location?

Skates97

I am only available on Saturdays. I could do March 17th and may be able to do the 24th but I will probably be in AZ that weekend. If we can get enough for the 17th I'm definitely in. 

17th is fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to go with someone if anyones coming by camarillo! 

Also, consider L88, New Cuyama. Runway is in a little disrepair, but not as bad as Catalina. There is a FANTASTIC diner just a quick walk into town, and its quite a beautiful scene. Maybe the next one! I got with the guys at camarillo at least once a month. You all would love it too. 

I just learned that I can edit the title if I created the thread. I was just going back through this thread to put all the details into the first post and change the title to make it easier for everyone to see the plan, but then I noticed that @mikefox had said he will be out of town and is not available on the 17th. (I know we won't be able to make it fit everyone's schedule but of those that responded that they would go to KPRB most hadn't given dates they couldn't make it.) Should we push it to a Saturday in April? How about April 7th or 14th? Phil, do either of those dates work for you, is one better than the other?

The plan is BBQ at Phil's (@mooneyflyer) hangar and then possibly wandering over to the Estrella Warbird Museum http://www.ewarbirds.org/index.shtml

@Flash, @Steve W, @MooneyMitch, @jonhop, @wishboneash, @N803RM, @Bennett, @mooneyflyer, @Dan at FUL, @MrRodgers, @JohnB

@bonal, @M20FanJesse, @Matthew, @Joe Zuffoletto@StinkBug, @mooneygirl, @MrRodgers@N9201A @SantosDumont @ilovecornfields @MikeOH @Simon @Niko182 @thinwing

Richard @Skates97 et al,

April 14th would work for me.... I may be able to make the 7th work depending on kids sports schedules. Looping in Paul @kortopates and Karson @kmyfm20s. The 14th may work for me even with weather, as I could make it my long cross-country IFR flight, if my CFII is down.

Edited by jonhop

Richard [mention=15119]Skates97[/mention] et al,
April 14th would work for me.... I may be able to make the 7th work depending on kids sports schedules. Looping in Paul [mention=7862]kortopates[/mention] and Karson [mention=11041]kmyfm20s[/mention]. The 14th may work for me even with weather, as I could make it my long cross-country IFR flight, if my CFII is down.

I will do my best to make any of the dates suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for adding in the others. I am trying to keep a running list to use for future fly-ins.

23 minutes ago, Bug Smasher said:

I would love to join! MAPA PPP in Las Vegas is April 13-15, so any weekend other than that should work for me.

Hmmm... I wonder how many others we would lose to the MAPA PPP if we did it that weekend.

58 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Thanks for adding in the others. I am trying to keep a running list to use for future fly-ins.

Hmmm... I wonder how many others we would lose to the MAPA PPP if we did it that weekend.

I’m going to Henderson as well, but it seems that once you get more than a half-dozen people picking the perfect day is going to be a real challenge. If I don’t make this one I’ll go for the next one. PRB is a pretty short flight anyway—takeoff, climb over the Cuesta grade, then pull the power back to enter the pattern. 

17 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

I’m going to Henderson as well, but it seems that once you get more than a half-dozen people picking the perfect day is going to be a real challenge. If I don’t make this one I’ll go for the next one. PRB is a pretty short flight anyway—takeoff, climb over the Cuesta grade, then pull the power back to enter the pattern. 

I know, I think once we find out what works best for Phil we will just go with that date and whoever can make it can come. It would be nice to have one of these someplace once a quarter instead of once a year. Then If somebody can't make it they can come to the next one without it being forever away. Perhaps just bounce it around a few different places, if we can get others to host then all the better. I would be happy to host one at my hangar sometime in the future.

• Like 1

I'm thinking I can probably make either the 3rd or fourth weekend ( 21st or the 28th) in April,  I don't have my schedule yet, but ill likely be unavailable either for the first or second weekend. But no matter what weekend it is, ill try!

10 hours ago, Skates97 said:

I know, I think once we find out what works best for Phil we will just go with that date and whoever can make it can come. It would be nice to have one of these someplace once a quarter instead of once a year. Then If somebody can't make it they can come to the next one without it being forever away. Perhaps just bounce it around a few different places, if we can get others to host then all the better. I would be happy to host one at my hangar sometime in the future.

Perhaps choose four locations (two in Central CA, one in Northern, one in Southern) and rotate between them. Those can make it, will, others can find the next one. Too large a group to make everyone happy. I am fine so far with any of the dates proposed in April. Thanks for taking the trouble.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wishboneash said:

Perhaps choose four locations (two in Central CA, one in Northern, one in Southern) and rotate between them. Those can make it, will, others can find the next one. Too large a group to make everyone happy. I am fine so far with any of the dates proposed in April. Thanks for taking the trouble.

I like that plan.

15 hours ago, Skates97 said:

I just learned that I can edit the title if I created the thread. I was just going back through this thread to put all the details into the first post and change the title to make it easier for everyone to see the plan, but then I noticed that @mikefox had said he will be out of town and is not available on the 17th. (I know we won't be able to make it fit everyone's schedule but of those that responded that they would go to KPRB most hadn't given dates they couldn't make it.) Should we push it to a Saturday in April? How about April 7th or 14th? Phil, do either of those dates work for you, is one better than the other?

The plan is BBQ at Phil's (@mooneyflyer) hangar and then possibly wandering over to the Estrella Warbird Museum http://www.ewarbirds.org/index.shtml

@Flash, @Steve W, @MooneyMitch, @jonhop, @wishboneash, @N803RM, @Bennett, @mooneyflyer, @Dan at FUL, @MrRodgers, @JohnB

@bonal, @M20FanJesse, @Matthew, @Joe Zuffoletto@StinkBug, @mooneygirl, @MrRodgers@N9201A @SantosDumont @ilovecornfields @MikeOH @Simon @Niko182 @thinwing

YES. April dates work. This could be a lot of fun!

On 2/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, Skates97 said:

7th and 14th work... Pick the date that gets the most Mooniacs!!! Let's have fun

1 hour ago, mooneyflyer said:

7th and 14th work... Pick the date that gets the most Mooniacs!!! Let's have fun

I was going to see if it would let me add a poll, but I can't find where to do that once the thread is posted. I will start a new one with a poll and people can choose which works best for them and we will go with the date that has the most people available.

There is a new thread up with a poll. 

I like the suggestion that @wishboneash made to perhaps have one in Northern CA, two in Central CA, and one in Southern CA. If we did a fly-in once a quarter then after a couple of years everyone would have the opportunity to meet a lot of other Mooniacs.