Maintenance tracking app

AZM20C

I am just finishing my first annual inspection. I spent two hours last week with my AI going through the log books. It seems the previous owner’s method for maintaining the log books was to keep everything. I even found brochures on hotels nestled in the log books. I’m not sure what relevance that has with the last time my mags were overhauled. Anyway, I am trying to stream line things a little. Has anyone tried using any aircraft maintenance software? I found one in particular called CompuTrak. Before I purchased it, I wanted to run it by everyone here to see if you have any feedback on it. 

0126045E-BEC3-43E1-BA5F-25338DB5E938.jpeg

C4247815-1C46-4A1D-8C3C-AFB891D00F22.jpeg

the MooneyFlyer has a decent spreadsheet on their website that can be tailored to suit your needs.  

http://themooneyflyer.com/Excel/AircraftStatusSheet.xlsx

The app looks interesting, but can you back up/export the data?   I currently use a combination of MyFlightbook to track the time based inspections(oil change, annual, pitot/static, etc) and a google spreadsheet for everything else.  I am hoping that one day the MyFlightBook developer will expand the aircraft section to allow user defined reminders as this would create a one stop maintenance status check.

MFBMaint.PNG

I just entered all my info into the Mooney flyer excel sheet mostly for time based items.  For previous AD and SB compliance I did the following - maintain a list of accessories, which ADs and whether it’s a one time or recurring.  Then the important part is to reference the logbook and page in which the inspection/ compliance record lives.  Next time you bring it to a new IA who hasn’t seen your aircraft before, it will be a lot faster and easier to scan to ensure compliance. I also organized my jumble or 337s and ADs/SBs, as well as invoices and receipts,  into 3-ring binders so it’s tidy and easy to reference.  A similar commercially available system is Adlog - however I couldn’t justify a subscription service for a plane that has so few new or recurring ADs.  

A mix of some paper records and some electronic records seems iffy.  Either you go all in paper or print and keep with your logs.  I’m still in the paper category.  

I made my own Excel spreadsheet when I bought the plane.  Everything is in one place , divided in 4 sections:

1) My own currency (BFR, Medical, hope to add instrument currency soon). I list date done and date it's due again.  I probably could track night takeoffs and landings for night currency as well here. 

2) Mandatory aircraft items (e.g. annual, registration, transponder, pitot/static, recurring ADs required outside of annual).  I list dates done, and update next date due.

3) Other aircraft items This is a running log of "optional" or major condition-based  maintenance - e.g. IRAN mags, last replacement vac pump, gear pucks, corrosion treatment, cylinders IRAN'd or replaced, etc. I populated this list for the first time during a complete review of the logs after purchase. I add items to this list periodically when I replace or service a major item and list part numbers.  Here I list tach time done, and next tach time when I would like to look at that item again if applicable. 

4) Oil changes.  I list date, tach time, oil type/amount/ addtiives,  and whether filter was changed.  I also track makeup oil added since last change, which is informative.  

I quickly review the whole sheet for anything that may be due soon whenever I make a new entry. I'm attaching my spreadsheet in case others find it useful as a starting point.  It's populated with all my info but I doubt there's anything here you could use against me ;)

Maintenance log.xlsx