Got caught by the IA

Yetti

I was replacing the tube on the nose dragger and the IA started asking questions about certification and standards and work procedures.    I mean after all it does drag around a certified plane and all that.

we negotiated down to if I was going to get an annual done in Feb, I would have to do the work.    Annual #3    Nothing major to do this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I believe he is saying he was replacing the tube of his nosewheel tire and the IA questioned what he was doing and he said that if wants the annual business the IA will allow him to continue with what he's doing. That said, tires/tubes are on the 'list' of what a PPL is allowed to do.

Edited by smwash02

tire tube would have added context... and the internet removed my wiry sense of humor

It's kind of like when I asked him if he wanted to help with the starter replacement.... he laughed and said it would be better if he supervised

Edited by Yetti
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Yetti said:

It's kind of like when I asked him if he wanted to help with the starter replacement.... he laughed and said it would be better if he supervised

Totally read that wrong initially.

Replaced my starter my 2nd week of ownership. Don't blame him one bit.

Edited by smwash02

55 minutes ago, smwash02 said:

Totally read that wrong initially.

Replaced my starter my 2nd week of ownership. Don't blame him one bit.

because the oil cooler and the alternator have to come off.   It was good to get the alternator off, it was loose and not shimmed properly.   You want to give the last A&P some slack, but when the nuts are cotter keyed....   someone was not using approved methods that day.

13 hours ago, Yetti said:

I was going to get an annual done in Feb, I would have to do the work.    Annual #3    Nothing major to do this time.

Sounds like my annuals . . . Except two weeks ago was Annual #12 for my C. Every year I seem to do more of the work, while the IA does the "inspection" part . . . .

He keeps saying I can come work for him for free so I can get my A&P hours.  There are days when I think about taking him up on it.  Don't you hate it when "inspect brakes"  turns into "replace pads"   One of the easier jobs on the plane requiring only 3 tools.  But important none the less.