**SOLD** Mooney AeroTow Tug for Sale

Moving hangers and no longer have a steep incline to deal with.  As a result, I am selling my 8.0 HP AeroTow tug that I use on a near weekly basis.

The tug is gas powered and runs on 100LL.  It will run on mogas, but the manufacturer recommends 100LL to keep ethanol from gumming up the system, so I always use 100LL

The tug features an electric start, and hydro-static drive.  It is rated for aircraft up to 6000lbs.  

In speaking with the manufacturer some time ago, I believe these were selling new for ~$2200.  Asking $750 for a quick sale.  I am located in Southern PA.

Pictures attached.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Aerotug 2.jpg

Aerotug.jpg

@TonyK and @bradp

I am at KLNS.  The Tug probably weighs 175 lbs (just a guess).  The positive of its weight is that this thing is a beast in the snow and mud.  Never have a problem getting traction. 

The main bracket on the front comes off with two bolts.  I am sure the back handle comes off just as easy.  If the oil/fuel was drained you could probably tip it on its side and fit it through a baggage door.  If still to big, the tires would be pretty easy to remove.  

Or there is always the option of removing the copilots seat.  That would probably give enough room to quickly stick it in the cockpit with minimal disassembly. 

1 minute ago, DualRatedFlyer said:

@TonyK and @bradp

I am at KLNS.  The Tug probably weighs 175 lbs (just a guess).  The positive of its weight is that this thing is a beast in the snow and mud.  Never have a problem getting traction. 

The main bracket on the front comes off with two bolts.  I am sure the back handle comes off just as easy.  If the oil/fuel was drained you could probably tip it on its side and fit it through a baggage door.  If still to big, the tires would be pretty easy to remove.  

Or there is always the option of removing the copilots seat.  That would probably give enough room to quickly stick it in the cockpit with minimal disassembly. 

I know a couple guys here at N57 that might be interested. I'll text them.

Thanks @Marauder !

It really has been a great tug.  Going to be sad to see her go.  According to everyone I spoke to about these while doing research prior to purchasing, these things are built like tanks and last forever.  Probably appropriate that the company logo stamped on the tug is an actual tank.

LOGOsmall-378x142.jpg

Just now, DualRatedFlyer said:

Thanks @Marauder !

It really has been a great tug.  Going to be sad to see her go.  According to everyone I spoke to about these while doing research prior to purchasing, these things are built like tanks and last forever.  Probably appropriate that the company logo stamped on the tug is an actual tank.

LOGOsmall-378x142.jpg

I have the LugBug version. They are tanks with the dual tires being powered. Mine can pull through some deep snow. I have chains around somewhere for it.