Starting troubles, need tutorial

Amelia

Great news, M!

What’s next on the battery plan?

1) Do you have a Y for the BatteryMinder?  Conditions both batteries at the same time, safely...

2) The BatteryMinder people have some nice additional options...

• you can bring the charger wire/plug to the ground power door.
  • You can install a “socket” on the back wall of the baggage area for easy plug in while in the hangar.

3) If you aren’t able to use the batteries for a month, they lose a fare amount of charge, according to my BatteryMinder’s % charge indicator.  

4) Some people leave the BM on all the time... while in the hangar.

Best regards,

-a-

22 hours ago, Amelia said:

Hallelujah! I don’t even mind feeling stupid... A couple of days on the trickle charger, a nice warm light under the nosewheel well, and it finally, after a good bit of coaxing, started with a satisfying rumble this afternoon. So another bit of education. Just because it thinks it’s charged, doesn’t mean it is.  . Warmed up the oil, and took myself for a sunset ride around Edenton.Way too long between flights. I’m glad my dear 20-year old CFI friend was along to keep things in the proper order.

Nice!  We'll want some follow up on this, though, it sound like starting was still a bit of a challenge.  Hopefully, it was just the cold weather and cold batteries

For a brief, shining moment, all’s well. The Avionics shop addressed the FAA’s hyperventilating registered letter :o about the ADS-B problem...both the FAA and the wizards claimed some settings were wrong, always had been, and are now good. Leaky brake replaced, and the other one, too, just for good measure. So now, all I need is some great weather and someplace to go in it. Life is good, for now.