MT Propeller

FoxMike

• 1 year later...

I am still thrilled with the MT.  Take off thrust is better and climb is better down at 85KTS.  Climb advantage goes away as airspeed increases.  During over standard conditions I normally climb around 110KTS to keep oil temps down.  Cruise speed is no greater but much smoother and quieter.  Disadvantages are:  ground handling more difficult when being towed. Some FBOs have large universal tow bars that are wide and can hit the trailing edge of the prop blade.  So far putting the fear of God into the lineman had been effective.  I also warn of bending the nose wheel  truss.  I also ask when taxing in if I can park somewhere where I will not be towed.  The other disadvantage is that it takes a little longer to clean the bugs of the airplane, owning to the extra blade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...