Clouds

MARZ

One of the benefits of flying is seeing clouds at a vantage point most cannot - I share these with my friends and they are in awe.  Post some of your favorites

(so all I have to do is remember to clean my windshield and avoid the bugs on takeoff...... )

clouds.JPG

clouds2.JPG.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On the way to Kerrville last year for Homecoming just West of Fort Stockton, where the plane stayed in a Hangar for the duration of Homcoming while we hitched a ride by car the rest of the way.  Additional convective activity was forecast, but never developed near Kerrville.

IMG_20170926_153035988_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

I am like @Skates97. I like all the different types of clouds.

Solid cloud deck while traveling to the Mooney Summit a while back. Panacea, FL

Summit.JPG

Clouds you can see down through. KATL

IMG_1739.JPG

Clouds making shadows on the ground. Colombia, SA

IMG_2778.jpg

I'm easily entertained. :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, donkaye said:

On the way to Kerrville last year for Homecoming just West of Fort Stockton, where the plane stayed in a Hangar for the duration of Homcoming while we hitched a ride by car the rest of the way.  Additional convective activity was forecast, but never developed near Kerrville.

IMG_20170926_153035988_HDR.jpg

That's a nasty one. 

• Like 1

Beautiful pictures. When approaching a line of clouds in the horizon I always wondered if I will be over or do I need to climb. I solved the issue by using a level scope. Just look at clouds through the scope with the bubble centered and it will show your relative height to the cloud top. It gives you plenty of time to start a climb if needed. You can get these scopes for $17.

José

Level Scope.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful pictures. When approaching a line of clouds in the horizon I always wondered if I will be over or do I need to climb. I solved the issue by using a level scope. Just look at clouds through the scope with the bubble centered and it will show your relative height to the cloud top. It gives you plenty of time to start a climb if needed. You can get these scopes for $17.
José
5a7135b83517a_LevelScope.thumb.jpg.d69b1a9483a5def7d67d3e00428ba145.jpg

There’s an app for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some recent favorites.  This one was a huge storm system that I flew around on my way to San Antonio in June last year:

5a71b3dc00d71_Clouds-TXTstorm.thumb.jpg.a5662aedd305aa02433e38a6cf26aaa4.jpg

This one is just some beautiful wispy layers above and below, probably on my way to Amelia Island:

5a71b416a99a9_Clouds-Layers.thumb.jpg.a8c1647ae40ec96933e29566e1c1351d.jpg

And this was one of those beautiful sunset evenings after t-storms had passed over Atlanta, and some intrepid souls were finally able to make their way back into my home 'drome @ PDK:

5a71b451bea53_Clouds-Landing.thumb.jpg.711a6263375fc13b71c7d7e08598c6fe.jpg

• Like 1