STEC 3100 Digital Autopilot

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Hey Barry,

There was a technical challenge with the modern web site link...

Solved that one here...

http://genesys-aerosystems.com/sites/default/files/3100 POH 87325.PDF

Haven’t solved the part about not being able to get a Pre-PO generated for some potential users... (discussed above)

Some MSers May be looking for insight for what else may work for Genesys if they can’t get a shop to generate a non-commercial PO.  Is there something a pilot/Mooney owner can do in this case?

Thanks and Best regards,

-a-

Hi,

We would recommend that the owner find an S-TEC Dealer to place the Pre STC. If the shop has a question, please have them call me and I can guild them through the process. 

Thank You,

Barry LeBlanc

Cell: 940.327.0707

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is puzzling.

Per Barry, this P.O. is TOTALLY NON-Binding with NO deposit required. They are looking for a total of 15 of us to put P.O.s in so they can show management there is baseline interest. It’s only to get the STC process started. Once the STC is received, Genesys will contact you directly for a deposit to get in line. You can say “no thanks.”  

What the heck? Everyday that goes by, Mooney gets pushed further down the line. Have you seen the list of other models that already gotten STCs?!  What is it about us that there is so little support from within our owner group for others in our group?  

Ladies & gentlemen: PLEASE, please, help your fellow Mooney owners who are really interested in this and get that P.O. in! 

Did I mention it’s non-binding with no deposit required?   Please. Please. 

• Like 2

I put one in already.

I guess they also got 15 orders each from all of these guys?

Certifications (Currently STC'd)

• Cessna 177 Series, 177RG and F177RG
  • Cessna 210K, T210K, 210L, T210L, 210M, T210M, 210N, T210N, 210R, and T210R
  • Cessna 182 E through T Series, F182P, F182Q, R182, T182, T182T, and TR182
  • Beechcraft Bonanza 35, A35, B35, C35, D35, E35, F35, G35, H35, J35, K35, M35, N35, P35, S35, V35, V35A, V35B, A36, A36TC and B36TC

Certifications (Scheduled)

• Piper PA-32 Series
  • Cessna 310/320 Series, 335, 340, and 340A
  • Cessna 414/421 Series, and 425
  • Piper PA-46 Series
  • Cessna P210N, P210R and 210 A through J 

Russ

Maurader, I called the guy just outside Lancaster 3 times. Still haven't received a call back. I'm trying to get on the books. 

Try SureFlight. Smart Avionics never returned my requests either. SureFlight is rmag’s company and they are at Chester County (KMQS). Ask for the quote guy Steve and tell him to generate a quote for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 7/25/2018 at 6:20 AM, Bob_Belville said:

Genesys helped sponsor our MS event Monday night. I think they announced we still needed 6 more POs. Don't know if he got anyone else... I already have put in my PO.

Hi,

We are only 3 purchase orders away. The time frame starts when I can get 15 purchase orders from the Mooney group. We are getting close. At that time I can gain a slot from our ODA. This purchase order is non-binding (until the STC is issued and we start building the system) so if your circumstances change, you are not obligated to purchase. There is no deposit. Zero money down till we are 3 to 4 weeks out from issuance of STC and then a second call will be placed to all the shops that have placed a Mooney purchase order. At that time, if you proceed, a deposit would be between you and your avionics shop.

.   The most significant benefit to submitting a purchase order (early) is that we will extend the 2-year warranty to 3 years for all new parts from the factory (new installs and new controllers/servos). Also, we are offering a 2-year warranty on any currently installed S-TEC servos. No matter how old they are.

The extended warranty offer is only valid until we gain the STC. Once that occurs, the regular warranty period will be offeredImportantly, the POs are non-binding (until the STC is issued and we start building the system) so if your circumstances change, you are not obligated to purchase..

Now is the time to upgrade.  Please email or call me.

Barry LeBlanc, Genesys Aerosystems Regional Sales Manager

PH: 940.327.0707 Email: Barry.LeBlanc@genesys-aerosystems.com

On 7/26/2018 at 3:37 PM, PeytonM said:

This is puzzling.

Per Barry, this P.O. is TOTALLY NON-Binding with NO deposit required. They are looking for a total of 15 of us to put P.O.s in so they can show management there is baseline interest. It’s only to get the STC process started. Once the STC is received, Genesys will contact you directly for a deposit to get in line. You can say “no thanks.”  

What the heck? Everyday that goes by, Mooney gets pushed further down the line. Have you seen the list of other models that already gotten STCs?!  What is it about us that there is so little support from within our owner group for others in our group?  

Ladies & gentlemen: PLEASE, please, help your fellow Mooney owners who are really interested in this and get that P.O. in! 

Did I mention it’s non-binding with no deposit required?   Please. Please. 

We are only 3 away...Please tell your friends. I found a Mooney operator on a Facebook site who signed up today. 

We are only 3 away...Please tell your friends. I found a Mooney operator on a Facebook site who signed up today. 

That would be my question Barry. Where are you marketing this offer? Pilots of America? AOPA forum?

I am a member of the the Mooney Owner group on Facebook. We also have a Mooney group on Yahoo. I will cut and paste your information on this Yahoo group’s email node.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Just now, Marauder said:

That would be my question Barry. Where are you marketing this offer? Pilots of America? AOPA forum?

I am a member of the the Mooney Owner group on Facebook. We also have a Mooney group on Yahoo. I will cut and paste your information on this Yahoo group’s email node.

Genesys Aerosystems is looking for 3 Mooney owners to either upgrade or install a new S-TEC 3100 installation. All Mooney models can be accomplished on a single STC. We would need a commitment from the 15 same model owners to proceed with the STC. The commitment would be in the form of a purchase order to a Genesys Authorized Installation Center.

The time frame starts when I can get 15 purchase orders from the Mooney group. We are getting close. At that time I can gain a slot from our ODA. This purchase order is non-binding (until the STC is issued and we start building the system) so if your circumstances change, you are not obligated to purchase. There is no deposit. Zero money down till we are 3 to 4 weeks out from issuance of STC and then a second call will be placed to all the shops that have placed a Mooney purchase order. At that time, if you proceed, a deposit would be between you and your avionics shop.

For the Mooney owners who currently have an S-TEC autopilot installed, the upgrade price will depend on the equipment already installed. The 3100 AP would be an outstanding bargain to get the benefits of a fully integrated digital autopilot, especially considering the additional safety features which it will bring. Upgrades start at $9,995 retail.

The most significant benefit to submitting a purchase order (early) is that we will extend the 2-year warranty to 3 years for all new parts from the factory (new installs and new controllers/servos). Also, we are offering a 2-year warranty on any currently installed S-TEC servos. No matter how old they are.

The extended warranty offer is only valid until we gain the STC. Once that occurs, the regular warranty period will be offeredImportantly, the POs are non-binding (until the STC is issued and we start building the system) so if your circumstances change, you are not obligated to purchase..

Genesys Aerosystems is looking for 3 Mooney owners to either upgrade or install a new S-TEC 3100 installation. All Mooney models can be accomplished on a single STC. We would need a commitment from the 15 same model owners to proceed with the STC. The commitment would be in the form of a purchase order to a Genesys Authorized Installation Center.

The time frame starts when I can get 15 purchase orders from the Mooney group. We are getting close. At that time I can gain a slot from our ODA. This purchase order is non-binding (until the STC is issued and we start building the system) so if your circumstances change, you are not obligated to purchase. There is no deposit. Zero money down till we are 3 to 4 weeks out from issuance of STC and then a second call will be placed to all the shops that have placed a Mooney purchase order. At that time, if you proceed, a deposit would be between you and your avionics shop.

For the Mooney owners who currently have an S-TEC autopilot installed, the upgrade price will depend on the equipment already installed. The 3100 AP would be an outstanding bargain to get the benefits of a fully integrated digital autopilot, especially considering the additional safety features which it will bring. Upgrades start at $9,995 retail.
The most significant benefit to submitting a purchase order (early) is that we will extend the 2-year warranty to 3 years for all new parts from the factory (new installs and new controllers/servos). Also, we are offering a 2-year warranty on any currently installed S-TEC servos. No matter how old they are.

Posted on the Mooney Yahoo group. ~80 owners.

I have an S-TEC30in my M20-S, which is, um, better than nothing, I guess,  but needs far too much babysitting, This new box sure is tempting..I may have to call my favorite Avionics guy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Amelia said:

I have an S-TEC30in my M20-S, which is, um, better than nothing, I guess,  but needs far too much babysitting, This new box sure is tempting..I may have to call my favorite Avionics guy.

Since the Eagle’s with the Stec 30 all have Manual electric Stec trim you have the advantage of a low priced upgrade which I believe is $10495 for the Stec 30. The 55X is $9995. Without electric trim the price is a bit more but at least it’s available. 

10 grand is dirt cheap for an upgrade from the stec 30. I have to say the same thing about the stec 30. It works. But to an extent. My avionics shop keeps on pushing the gfc500 but im not the biggest fan of the big panel box, and the fact that I need a g5. Id rather want the l3 or the s.a.m.

I have a STEC50 plus an independent STEC electric trim. These devices have been in the plane for over 20 years and have worked flawlessly for all that time. However I do not have glide slope lock on, altitude preselect, vertical speed select, airspeed select, and several other features that the 3100 will include in addition to the envelope protection features like LVL. 

9 hours ago, Amelia said:

Hi,

If you have a dual axis system 30 and trim already installed the upgraded price would be, $10,495.  The system 30 is a great building block auto pilot. We use your same servos and if you sign up now, the servos will be treated like new with a 2-year warranty. This is a great offer. After the STC is issued the warranty reverts back to the standard warranty for new systems. A purchase order from your shop today would be non-binding till we are 3 weeks out of issuance of STC. At that time we will call and ask if you to proceed with purchase. If you say No, no worries no problem. If you have any questions, please call me at 940.327.0707

Thank You,

Barry LeBlanc, RSM -S-TEC Autopilots

1 minute ago, Bob_Belville said:

I have a STEC50 plus an independent STEC electric trim. These devices have been in the plane for over 20 years and have worked flawlessly for all that time. However I do not have glide slope lock on, altitude preselect, vertical speed select, airspeed select, and several other features that the 3100 will include in addition to the envelope protection features like LVL. 

Hi Bob,

The 3100 will provide these features. I think I sent you the pilots operating handbook? If not email me and I will send a copy to you. EMAIL: barry.leblanc@genesys-aerosystems.com

7 hours ago, Niko182 said:

10 grand is dirt cheap for an upgrade from the stec 30. I have to say the same thing about the stec 30. It works. But to an extent. My avionics shop keeps on pushing the gfc500 but im not the biggest fan of the big panel box, and the fact that I need a g5. Id rather want the l3 or the s.a.m.

Hi,

Yes it is very economical to upgrade from a system 30 to a fully digital autopilot. I can send you a pilots operating handbook to review all the features. If you need any questions answered please call me or email at: barry.leblanc@genesys-aerosystems.com    cell: 940.327.0707