M20F Yoke question

Is there a yoke that will fit a 1967-68 M20F that has trim switches and a PTT installed or has the room to install them.  I am tired of what I got which is rigged. 

The Mooney factory used to sell a retrofit kit that converts them to the J style. I had the big Mongo yokes on my 75 that I converted to the J style for the very reason you are asking. It also eliminated the shaft AD on my model.

I would call up Lasar and ask if they are able to get them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, Marauder said:

The Mooney factory used to sell a retrofit kit that converts them to the J style. I had the big Mongo yokes on my 75 that I converted to the J style for the very reason you are asking. It also eliminated the shaft AD on my model.

I would call up Lasar and ask if they are able to get them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Great thanks

If you go with new yokes...

be aware there are two different shaft sizes that have been used over time...

Expect to need some hardware to complete the project properly...

New leather covered yokes feel awesome in the hand flying.

Having switches that work... spectacular.  PTT and trim are my favorites.

Best regards,

-a-

5 hours ago, Dream to fly said:

Is there a yoke that will fit a 1967-68 M20F that has trim switches and a PTT installed or has the room to install them.  I am tired of what I got which is rigged. 

You have electric trim on a 68 F ????  

8 hours ago, Dream to fly said:

I found a pair of K model yokes.   Will those work for my F model???

My understanding is that you will have to replace the control shafts as well...  I believe they changed them for the J and later models.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cctsurf said:

My understanding is that you will have to replace the control shafts as well...  I believe they changed them for the J and later models.

I found the complete assemblies I am trying to get them but they need to be recovered.  I am going to have learn how to work with leather next:)

Just now, cctsurf said:

How about this afternoon?

I'm at work but if you want to fly up I'll meet at the airport.  I am going to be removing panels hopefully this weekend and see what a rats nest I have to work with.  I finally got a delivery date on my EDM900 and hopefully I have a PMA8000B winning bid.  I have the panel material and the cad files at the fabricator and trying to get everything lined up so when I start I don't stop till its finished. 

22 minutes ago, carusoam said:

For an impressive DIY on leather yokes... @PTK did some nice leather work a few years ago....  lots of pictures posted.

If AMUs outweigh your leather sewing skills, There is a guy in TX that can fix you up.  :)

Best regards,

-a-

I got a hot glue gun, duct tape and staples.  What else would ya need?

2 hours ago, Dream to fly said:

I am going to have learn how to work with leather next:)

Go to a fabric shop and buy a yard of cheap naugahyde. Cut, fit and redo as many times as necessary to get the fit you want. Then transfer to leather.

• Like 2

When you buy modern style yokes for upgrade, be sure to also but the accompanying yoke shafts.  They are thicker walled, eliminate the AD, and the bolt is drilled 90 degrees from the original style.  If you go very new (Ovation as I have) you will also need to change the bellcrank and do some paperwork.

John Breda

• Like 1