Just a Saturday morning at Spruce Creek

My wife and I went for a walk this morning and got to watch a Warbird group take off. 

Also saw a couple Mooneys in the transient parking area. If anyone knows the owner of the red one ( N214JS) advise him to check his right main tire pressure.  It looks a bit low. 

Tom

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

My guess is it could be renamed “Jurassic Park”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I moved to a place like that I’d really like the warbirds et al to continue for years to come. Not have a Cirrus parking lot with a runway in the middle as the park “turns over” with new pilots. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

@Yooper Rocketman what would you say the average age is for residents of Spruce Creek?  I’m continuing to look for a second home (airpark) and I find myself drawn to that area.  

It's not as old as you would think.  Come to think of it, there are quite a few younger than @Marauder.  :>)

Tom 

31 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

@Yooper Rocketman what would you say the average age is for residents of Spruce Creek?  I’m continuing to look for a second home (airpark) and I find myself drawn to that area.  

We are at the Wing South Airpark, Naples. During the last year the average age went down as we have some younger ( airline) pilots ( in their 40s - 50s) to buy houses and moved in. Lots for sale still available. Currently 44 houses. Not too big not too small.  4400' paved lighted runway in excellent condition.

The pics are from the last year fly in. 

IMG_6983.JPG

IMG_6994.JPG

• Like 1

We are at the Wing South Airpark, Naples. During the last year the average age went down as we have some younger ( airline) pilots ( in their 40s - 50s) to buy houses and moved in. Lots for sale still available. Currently 44 houses. Not too big not too small.  4400' paved lighted runway in excellent condition.

How’d y’all make out from the hurricane?
Are those condos or apartments to the west (shadow wood)?
Are the golf courses surrounding it private or public?
I assume Skyway dr is a taxiway?

2 hours ago, teejayevans said:

How’d y’all make out from the hurricane?
Are those condos or apartments to the west (shadow wood)?
Are the golf courses surrounding it private or public?
I assume Skyway dr is a taxiway?

All good after hurricane. Most people stayed. We got direct hit 135 mph.

The Shadow wood are apartments ( north ) and condos ( south) but those are not part of the airpark. There is a gate right north of the apartments on the Skyway drive. 

The golf courses around here are public and private. 

Yes, Skyway dr is a taxiway and the road as well.  Every house ( except few)  has a hangar. 

9 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

It's not as old as you would think.  Come to think of it, there are quite a few younger than @Marauder.  :>)

Tom 

And the women are much more svelte than Marauder can deal with, In fact really easy on the eyes. I believe there is a p51 hangared there, and I saw a few of the old IROC Porsches playing on the rather large taxi area last time I went in there a few months ago.

• Like 1