Just bought another ..... No saw for this one...

Just one wuestion:  WTF is a "211 Special Edition"??? Apparently it's an F of some sort . . .

That is marketing schtick from Mod Works or Mod Squad after installing the speed mods.

Similarly, they called an upgraded 231 a 262 after retrofitting the 252 firewall-forward kit.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Hank said:

Thanks, I'd heard of the Trophy 262 before, but not the 211 . . . .

According to this Flying Mag article, the G and F were the 212 model, the C&E were the 211.

https://books.google.com/books?id=eK-0kCuwKz8C&pg=PA90&lpg=PA90&dq=modworks+Mooney+211&source=bl&ots=lgBgBTIRrD&sig=fLjWwoCygPn2nkc0e-s1VJIi9o4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwin4LnMs_bYAhXPmOAKHUBGCOAQ6AEILTAB#v=onepage&q=modworks Mooney 211&f=false

Painting on the rounded window look is an easy way to make an older plane look "modern" from across the ramp. I just really don't like the inside look of the painted windows,  it's rather cheesy . . . . But not in a good way like pizza . . . . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KSMooniac said:

That is marketing schtick from Mod Works or Mod Squad after installing the speed mods.

Similarly, they called an upgraded 231 a 262 after retrofitting the 252 firewall-forward kit.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

My C model has the trophy emblem on the tail, but I haven't seen anything else on it. It does have MSE in vinyl letters on the side. 

Beautiful.  The paint and interior are in crazy good condition.  Reeks of “hanger princess”. How about a pic of the rear seat set-up?  Not a fan of the machine-gun throttle quadrant, but other than that love it.  “Great find”.  What did you pay for this cream-puff?  Glad the buzz saw is in its holster.  Enjoy!

I'm told the Aerostar yokes , are the same type of mounts , as the J with the hole going Horizontally , Am I wrong ???

Not sure if the original 75 yokes (I used to call them the Mongo yokes) are the same as the Aerostar. I doubt it looking at the 602 and 700 series on controller.com.

4c8fdfff0709dfb7179ce38091014c06.jpg

0e9e98dd2393e511e43d19a78eae6ce6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^. Look at marauder's picture gallery for his old style yokes...

They were not very snazzy... certainly not as cool as the throttle with integrated machine gun control...

Go see a Man named Hector... he has a leather shop that can cover those things...  

be prepared it might take a whole Hyde to wrap around those things...   :)

And another not so helpful recommendation... a good used G530 would look nice in that panel... got one on the shelf for the new girl in the hangar?

Best regards,

-a-