Just bought another ..... No saw for this one...

1 hour ago, Alan Fox said:

No , The 70s Mooney co was owned by a company called Aerostar....not sure if it was the same as the Ted Smith / Piper type...  But they had the weird yokes that are in my F

Hey, mine resemble that statement :P.  If you don't sell the yokes, I am interested in the center covers.

Coy Jacobs received a fair amount of bad press and criticism over the years, but he was always honest in his dealings with me. He did the complete Trophy 261 conversion to my 231 many years ago, and it ended up a beautiful totally refurbished aircraft I owned for about 16 years. The Trophy 262 was the same conversion, with all the same mods so far as I know. I have no idea why the change from 261 to 262 occurred but it might have been a rivalry between the Mod Works (Tim Cooms) and the Mod Squad (Coy Jacobs). The conversion essentially created a 12 Volt 252. Great airplane. The other Trophy conversions were equally well done - many mods, new paint and interior, etc. Coy really knew the Mooney airframe, but some folks didn’t understand him, or perhaps misunderstood him. If you were willing to pay the price asked, the results were outstanding, at least in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, Bennett said:

Coy Jacobs received a fair amount of bad press and criticism over the years, but he was always honest in his dealings with me. He did the complete Trophy 261 conversion to my 231 many years ago, and it ended up a beautiful totally refurbished aircraft I owned for about 16 years. The Trophy 262 was the same conversion, with all the same mods so far as I know. I have no idea why the change from 261 to 262 occurred but it might have been a rivalry between the Mod Works (Tim Cooms) and the Mod Squad (Coy Jacobs). The conversion essentially created a 12 Volt 252. Great airplane. The other Trophy conversions were equally well done - many mods, new paint and interior, etc. Coy really knew the Mooney airframe, but some folks didn’t understand him, or perhaps misunderstood him. If you were willing to pay the price asked, the results were outstanding, at least in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what happened to Coy and Mooney Mart????  There web site is DOA and I was on it just a few months ago??????

1 hour ago, wcb said:

Does anyone know what happened to Coy and Mooney Mart????  There web site is DOA and I was on it just a few months ago??????

Coy has left the market from what I can tell. Unlike Bennett, some us had bad dealings with Coy. The new owners of "Mooney Mart" came on this site and indicated they were in business and had no association with Coy. I checked a few ago and the site looked dead. Not sure what happened. Wonder if the name had anything to do with it.

2 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

Just flew it back , 2.5 hours , no problems ,  Time to pull the ADF and Loran , and install a GDL 82 and a Garmin GPS 

I know of a guy on MS who sells avionics, he hangs out with an AoA salesman.

Clarence

4 hours ago, wcb said:

I am still curious if you are going to put this one on the market or keep her for yourself?

I think you mean to ask how quickly it will be on the market. Everything Alan has is on the market at some point. He might fly this one for awhile, but it will surely be for sale soon.

10 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I think you mean to ask how quickly it will be on the market. Everything Alan has is on the market at some point. He might fly this one for awhile, but it will surely be for sale soon.

A friend of mine says that everything he has is for sale, for the right price.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...