M20B Weight And Balance Manual

Guest Spike Kavalench

Guest Spike Kavalench

I’m trying to get Fltplan.com to add a Weight And Balance template for the M20B but I need a weight and balance manual showing all the station arms and dimensions. interestingly,, neither the M20B Operating nor Maintenance Manuals seem to discuss weight and balance. Anyone, anyone? 

Guest Spike Kavalench

I will try, but since I didn’t get any links to a weght and balance manual I tried a different thread. In the end, I think I finally got the answer I needed.. Sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused.

I will try, but since I didn’t get any links to a weght and balance manual I tried a different thread. In the end, I think I finally got the answer I needed.. Sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused.

Spike,
Can you send me that info? I need the same info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Spike Kavalench

Apparently the B Model didn’t have that info in the Flight/Operators Manual nor the Maintenance Manual, so you have to take it off your own weight and balance worksheet and equipment list which has moment arm data. Someone said the C Model arm data sould be identical, I have no way to confirm that, but if it is, Fltplan.com has the C Model in their weight and balance database, difference being the max fuel load and gtoss weight limits are higher. So use at yor own risk. 

B, c, d, & e all share the same air frame...  they are the short body Mooney.

All the weights are going to be different, but the stations are pretty locked in...

The maintenance manual has the procedures for WnB...

Kind of an expensive pain to go through this process.

Part of the PPI is to collect all this type of data.  Are you able to contact the prior owner to ask where this stuff might be?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Guest Spike Kavalench

Thanks, that helps, and I’m sure that documentarion is with the plane, but I haven’t picked it up yet.  PPI/annual/maintenance is still in ptogress.

1 hour ago, pmccand said:

Caruso,

did you find some errors in my w/b sheet?

I doubt Anthony found an error. But when using someone else's W&B calculations, the correct empty weight and CG needs to be entered. While doing that, especially if it's a spreadsheet, it's a good idea to doublecheck the formulas. When I downloaded one from an E, i found that it did not use the cell assig ed for hat rack weight for anything--it didn't show up in Gross Weight or CG formulas . . . .

• Like 1

Sorry PMC, My bad...

As Hank pointed out...

My concern for the new guy getting a proper WnB for a new to him plane...

Best to make sure it fits before relying on it...

It is kind of easy to get outside the WnB if improper data or a miscalculation is made.  A worst case can indicate an improper loading as within the envelope...

Certainly didn't mean to point an accidental finger towards your generous offer of your WnB data and calcs.

There is a recent thread around here regarding WnB data for a Mooney that is about 200 LBs off a normal similar Mooney...

Just a reminder to check ones WnB data carefully, especially when it is all new data...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic or CFI...

Best regards,

-a-

Guest Spike Kavalench

Thanks but no worries guys, the weird over weight issue has been identified and rectified. I have a great Engineer ensuring the final weight and balance is accurate and up to date. She is actually 1660.8lbs with a moment arm of 45.98”. A little heavier than normal but it has that turbo kit and old heavy radios. It balanced out nice with a light weight starter and alternator and the  battery moved to the back. So we’re good!  Thanks for all the help!

Edited by Spike Kavalench
Editorial.

Guest Spike Kavalench
On 2018-01-24 at 8:41 PM, HawkDriver said:

Spike,
Can you send me that info? I need the same info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FltPlan.com just posted a weight and balance template for the M20B, it’s awesome! Just amend the basic weight and arm and it will work for you. Fltplan.com is a free moving map/flight planning app. Works slick.