M20B Weight And Balance Manual

Guest Spike Kavalench

Guest Spike Kavalench

I’m trying to get Fltplan.com to add a Weight And Balance template for the M20B but I need a weight and balance manual showing all the station arms and dimensions. interestingly,, neither the M20B Operating nor Maintenance Manuals seem to discuss weight and balance. Anyone, anyone? 

All your data is probably on a piece of graph paper written by a famous Mooney engineer.

Hopefully you still have that piece of AW paper... check all of your logs for that.

For additional information, the most recent POH of the M20C has a significant amount of info that applies to the M20B.  Find a copy of that...

POHs weren't important in the early decades...

The owner’s manual is about 20 pages. The POH is about 100 pages. A modern POH is about 300 pages... in the later decades the 300 page document still doesn't cover everything...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

Mine is in the Airplane Flight Manual in the airplane.  Well, a copy of it is.  The original has very yellowed and old pages that were done with what looks like a very old typewriter with graphs that look like they were hand drawn by a Mooney engineer.  It has all the station arms and weights etc....  But the way they did it back in 1963 takes some interpretation.  They were not much on documentation back then. :)