I’m extremely happy with my TurboPlus Intercooler.  I frequently see 95+ degree drop across the intercooler at cruise in the high teens. Manifold pressure has dropped about 2” to achieve the same performance.  

Great Product!

• Like 1

The things are just too simple, durable and effective to need a lot of parts.  In eight years of ownership I have had mine cleaned once and that's it, and its 15 years old. In the meantime, it just works, and keeps my engine cool.   Thank you for your most excellent contribution to GA.
- J. Lunseth, October, 2017

1 hour ago, johncuyle said:

The black plane in the first post is mine. The biggest change I've noticed is the CHT drop. It has dramatically expanded my performance climb options, especially on hot days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many degrees was the CHT drop?

How many degrees was the CHT drop?

It's hard to quantify concretely. Before the intercooler I would generally be cooling limited in climb and need to reduce power or pitch for airspeed or sometimes both depending on conditions. I would generally manage climb to get whatever I could without letting CHT climb above 400. So far I've only flown in fall and winter but sustained Vx climbs at 100% power are an option now. Wish I'd done a series of flights under controlled conditions so I could report exact numbers. Installation did require recalibrating (increasing) my fuel flow, though, which is part of the reason it's hard to tell exactly how much of the reduction is due to the intercooler. I'm seeing CDT/IAT differences comparable to the other poster, so 20-25 degrees can probably be attributed to the intercooler.

More qualitatively, on my plane it is the difference between climbing at 400 or climbing at a slightly higher rate at 380, which is probably a meaningful difference for cylinder longevity. It only needs to save me a couple replacement jugs to pay for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk