Movie: American Made

On 1/18/2018 at 6:25 PM, Kris_Adams said:

Not sure who has seen this movie, but it probably has the most general aviation planes and scenes I have ever seen in a movie.  It’s supposedly based on a true story, though that seems like a stretch at times.

Unfortunately N164HH was crashed in Columbia before returning to the states.  http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2016/01/ted-smith-aerostar-600-heliblack-llc.html

Check it out.

-Kris

I didn't even know about the movie till this thread which inspired us to watch it last night on Amazon. Thanks for the post!

You'd think filming the takeoff through the tree tops would have led to the real accident posted, but I assume that was pure Hollywood. Couldn't imagine a plane not coming down in those circumstances though. Trying to look up the accident airport, i did find this short video of a C172 doing a touch and go there and it does look like a pretty short field but doesn't really look like the strip they filmed the scary takeoff from either.

• Like 1