Mooney Annual in or near Phoenix

gacoon

This year I'll be in the Phoenix area when the annual for my M20J falls due at the end of March.  I would be interested in hearing from others in the area where a good place might be to have the annual done.  I am aware of the MSC in Chandler but have no experience with them.  Interested in comments on them as well as other options in the area.

Dave Munsey at KDVT (Deer Valley) is familiar enough with Mooneys and has a set of the gear tools to set the preloads.  He's helped me out quite a bit with a finicky airplane.   I'm planning to have him do my annual when it comes time.

Munsey aircraft listed here:

https://deervalleyairport.com/AirportAmenitiesAndCommunity/OtherAviationBusinesses

• Like 1

My Mooney is currently at Falcon Executive Aviation, at Falcon Field (KFFZ) undergoing an annual. They have worked on my Mooney on several occasions since I purchased the plane, including  a few minor squawks and a lot of avionics upgrades. The entire service department seems very knowledgeable. They are very thorough, professional and friendly. I have no complaints. Give Bruce a call in the service department. Here’s their website:

http://www.falconaviation.com/

31 minutes ago, KLRDMD said:

Tucson AeroService (KAVQ). Troy flies a Rocket on a regular basis and knows Mooneys very well.

I really like Troy.  He’s a great guy.  I’ve spent time turning wrenches with him.  He’s gotten me out of bad spot by flying to me.  I have zero doubt in his abilities and attention to detail.

That said, keep in mind it won’t be Troy doing your annual.  It will be other A&P’s who may not be as good and knowledgeable as he is, and you might get your plane back in worse condition than when you left it.  You might find that stuff they said was done, wasn’t.  You might find cut probe wires. You might find baffling not reinstalled properly and ground into the ring gear on your prop.  

1 minute ago, ragedracer1977 said:

I really like Troy.  He’s a great guy.  I’ve spent time turning wrenches with him.  He’s gotten me out of bad spot by flying to me.  I have zero doubt in his abilities and attention to detail. That said, keep in mind it won’t be Troy doing your annual.

I've been using that shop for many years and highly recommend it.  James actually does most of my hands-on work there and I highly recommend him too.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Kurt Campbell out of Falcon Field for the past three years.  He use to run Transonics that was located next to the Commemorative Air Force building.  My ignition switch failed again today so I had to give him a call.  Fortunately, It did not happen at St Johns today.  His team is mobile and can go to Deer Valley where I am now located.