Breaker panel

After looking at my breakers and seeing how they were a mix of different types and vintages, I stepped up to the challenge and decided to upgrade the Panel.

Now, the big moment came when I turned on the master switch and things started to come back to life! What a relief.

Took some days out of work and started to rebuild it. Here are some pics of the process.

bf98c2afb65044ed471ea449198073d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

630a523a2ca7f80608551399ba44b3ba.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great !!!!

I never understood while the earlier version of the Klixon circuit breaker 7277 came with slotted screw heads. :(

When I installed mine a while ago ... I did some digging and found  correct length Phillips head screws replaced all the slotted head screws. I think last one the order came with Phillips head screws.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

We need to see the "before" picture to appreciate what you did.

I should have taken more pictures of the "before".

The problem was not so much the look, but more the quality and the age of the components. I was having many electrical problems. For example the Gear breaker popped randomly without any real reason, the bus bars were made out of different metals as they had been added of the years. Connections were getting old... last but not leas some of the breakers were mislabeled. 

Just now, Oscar Avalle said:

I should have taken more pictures of the "before".

The problem was not so much the look, but more the quality and the age of the components. I was having many electrical problems. For example the Gear breaker popped randomly without any real reason, the bus bars were made out of different metals as they had been added of the years. Connections were getting old... last but not leas some of the breakers were mislabeled. 

Ok, I hear ya. I'll post mine in place of yours. :lol:

Before:

5a5f6085dbe5e_CockpitFarRight.thumb.jpg.3900247b84ed084e720f57ac6755d4f0.jpg

After:

DSCF0137.thumb.jpg.a093438b4bb50ea99363ac92dc366fd8.jpg