Normal lead level in oil analysis?

Tommy

Got my oil analysis back! All looking good except lead level obviously when compared to automobile engines burning unleaded.

Just wondering what would be the expected lead level (PPM) in a 25-35 hour oil (Shell 100W with no other additive) burning 100LL in a IO-360?

Tom

Expect that the Lead number is going to be highly dependent on hours flown between oil changes... 

but, also be on the lookout for things increasing exhaust blow-buy into the oil...

Any change in oil useage lately?

Any changes in hours between oil changes?

What would be the other sources of lead...soldered tubing?

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks guys. The reason I am asking is that the oil analysis company that I used didn't have a normal reference number for lead level in IO-360 so it just tells me that it's high. Mine is 2186 after 35 hours and 1826 after 25hours everything else is quite a bit below abnormal, so pretty happy with that. :)

• Like 1