Children’s Headsets

Ragsf15e

Anyone have experience with headsets for young kids?  I’ve got 2 year old twins and we’re looking to get their first “real” headsets.  Currently they use earplugs and/or passive protection, but it would be nice if we could talk to them and they could talk back.

looks like D.C. has a youth model, appears really heavy.  Pilot USA and Sigtronics both have youth models that are cheaper and lighter with same NR rating.  Anyone tried them on a two year old?

thanks,

Rags

We bought the pilot USA for our two girls when they were 1 and 2-1/2.   At that time we couldn’t get them to keep them on for any length of time.   Now I need to use the pilot isolate feature on the intercom. They love hearing themselves.  Only so many a cappella Disney songs I can take.:D

The pilot USA headsets are no frills headsets. But they seem durable and I expect to keep them until an adult pair of ANRs will fit them. 10 years or so. 

My oldest is now 5, she loves her pink headsets. 

Cheers,

Dan

0CB89F6A-7B9D-4EAB-A768-C2E8A6EEC2F3.jpeg

• Like 3

Just got this setup for my kids, yes older, but they love the light weight and ability to also listen to their iPads:

Bose QC25

UFlyMike Headset

it also helped I had a pair of the headsets already

CB471717-1DAA-45F6-8DA6-FDACEDFED52D.png

We used a Sigtronics headset for two kids and then passed it on to a friend. It still seems to be holding up well. We only used the Sigtronics until they could wear something bigger and then they each got a D.C noise canceling headset. I think they were about 4 or 5 when they switched to the D.C.

46 minutes ago, Ragsf15e said:

Thanks guys!  I think the Sigtronics have an input for an ipad, iPhone, etc so they can watch a movie... hopefully quietly or in isolate!

The Pilot USA have an 1/8" stereo jack for a secondary audio source. We have used them a few times. The amount of wires start to drive me crazy.  I hope to install a new audio panel with Bluetooth that way they can watch the same ipad and not have the additional wires to deal with.  I should just make them look out the window.

Cheers,

Dan

Zulu 3 works well for my 7 year old. Seems to maintain a good seal and be comfortable, even with oxygen. It has Bluetooth which links to his iPad so he can play Minecraft instead of kicking my seat when I’m trying to land. It works well unless he forgets to charge the iPad. In those cases the “pilot iso” feature is priceless.

D1754186-F255-4BB3-BE17-A332A4AD5F6B.jpeg

Edited by ilovecornfields
  • Like 1