florida destinations

jbgood11X

On 1/12/2018 at 10:11 PM, Hector said:

It has already been mentioned, but Spruce Creek is really cool. Good restaurant and I just love the whole vibe of that place. Been there 3 times and was invited each time by a couple of different folks. I think legally you need to be invited but not sure if they really hold you to that.

Anyone familiar with Lost Lagoon at EVB...New Smyrna Beach?

47 minutes ago, neilpilot said:

Landed 30L at VRB yesterday.  I'm curious why 30L is right traffic, and 30R is left traffic.  Seems backwards to me.  All I can think of is that there are homes south of the approach to 30L that have complained about noise.

I have no idea, but that this very common with with parallel runways to keep the patterns as far apart as possible, but they don't go to right pattern on 12L either which would also make sense if that was the reason. They are only keeping 12R/30L traffic entirely on the south side which is may not be for noise since its further away from the center of the airport but it still could avoid flying over some of the residential area. Ground freq could probably have explained why if not busy.

22 hours ago, neilpilot said:

Landed 30L at VRB yesterday.  I'm curious why 30L is right traffic, and 30R is left traffic.  Seems backwards to me.  All I can think of is that there are homes south of the approach to 30L that have complained about noise.

Did you enjoy C. J. Cannon’s?

+1 on Triad at Everglades City.  They are typically ranked #2 behind Ray's in Miami as best Stone Crab.  Milo (Triad's owner) was very gracious to pick me up at the airport and take me back. 

All you need is to bring a cooler.  They have ice and, of course, whatever size claws you want.

William

39 minutes ago, WilliamR said:

+1 on Triad at Everglades City.  They are typically ranked #2 behind Ray's in Miami as best Stone Crab.  Milo (Triad's owner) was very gracious to pick me up at the airport and take me back. 

All you need is to bring a cooler.  They have ice and, of course, whatever size claws you want.

William

That's Joe's Stone Crab in Miami, and Triad is owned by a kindly gentleman named Orlo.  :)

On 1/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, neilpilot said:

Mixed reviews. My fish sandwich was good, but fries and wife's salad were weak.

Sorry to hear that. Try the steak sandwich at Sebring if you get the chance. Winterhaven has typically really good food as well.

On 1/21/2018 at 3:48 PM, neilpilot said:

Mixed reviews. My fish sandwich was good, but fries and wife's salad were weak.

Gave CJ Cannon's at KVRB another try for our last dinner in Vero Beach.  The items we had for dinner (Grouper fingers and Strip Steak), and the sides, were much better than our lunch a few days ago.  Overall my review of Cannon's has now been elevated to Good (not great).

Been awhile but River Ranch 2RR used to have some great family weekend events horseback riding, rodeo sort of thing and accommodations. Sebring SEF has racetrack at the airport and accommodations there at the airport as well if your into that. Marathon MTH fishing, snorkeling etc and of course Key West EYW for a nutty kind of fun weekend. Just few off the top of my head.