florida destinations

jbgood11X

ok   jb here  looking for great flyin florida destinations   food-- overnites-- fishing --really anything within reach in the florida or close surrounding areas.  Say within 3 hrs. radius of orlando.  I am actually based in flagler but looking to rattle anyones cage for great lunch ,  day  or maybe overnite trips that anyone would like to share their experience  or maybe a meet at destination.  I am from the stl--  chitown area and am new to fla.   please share some of your great trips and i am sure others will benefit also.  just trying to start a thread we might all enjoy.  thnx   and i know i can't spell  LOL  just havin fun here

been around the forum for a while but haven't been flying in the florida area until now.  we are going to the leesburg airport tomorrow but by car.  plane is in wv for another week getting annual.  very interested to find those great spots that we all know in specific areas   if any go to the chicago  bbbbrrrrrrrrr area i can recommend some there but as i said new to this area   thnx ahead of time for the info i'm sure will follow!!!

Winter Haven (Flightline Cafe), Bartow (Nini’s Landings), Sebring (Runway Cafe), Albert Whitted (The Hangar)all have good restaurants on the field. Very Beach (C. J. Cannon’s) is another good choice. Pyper Kub at Williston where they usually have great self serve fuel prices is another, more modest option. There is also the Tailwind Cafe at Ocala in the terminal building.

• Like 1

personally i know hijackers at flagler is excellent  but thats the end of my knowledge  also its only 10 min. from the beach  if any of you ever want to meet there and i am available a day at the beach is great fun with some more great food and entertainment there.  my wife and 6yr and 11 yr old are always up for some fun when it gets warmer

9 minutes ago, BKlott said:

Very Beach (C. J. Cannon’s) is another good choice. Pyper Kub at Williston where they usually have great self serve fuel prices is another, more modest option. 

Good timing. We plan to fly to VRB next Friday, and CJ Cannon's sounds good.

i remember someone mentioning or seeing on this site an airport down by the everglades that sports either great crab or seafood     any ideas?

Everglades Airpark (X01). Great during crab season. Restaurant phone numbers posted on terminal building. Call the restaurant and they will come pick you up at the airport and drop you off after you finish. Sometimes I’ll stop there on my way to the Keys just to refuel and avoid paying high fuel prices at the Keys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Hector said:

Everglades Airpark (X01). Great during crab season. Restaurant phone numbers posted on terminal building. Call the restaurant and they will come pick you up at the airport and drop you off after you finish. Sometimes I’ll stop there on my way to the Keys just to refuel and avoid paying high fuel prices at the Keys.

It has already been mentioned, but Spruce Creek is really cool. Good restaurant and I just love the whole vibe of that place. Been there 3 times and was invited each time by a couple of different folks. I think legally you need to be invited but not sure if they really hold you to that.

9 hours ago, jbgood11X said:

i know all this has been posted somewhere before but when i did a search      florida destinations     nothing came up so now all this can be revisited under that heading

The search function on Mooneyspace is hit-or-miss.  I've  had good results using Google search and just putting "mooneyspace: florida destinations" in the Google search window.

I suspect others have found even better work-arounds.

For stone crabs, Everglades City (X01) is your best bet, but the strip is a bit short depending on your standards. If you call Triad Seafood they will come out and pick you up and drive you back. It's a very laid back restaurant with a good menu.

Other destinations with on-field restaurants, most of which have been mentioned, include Sebring, Lakeland, Vero Beach, Okeechobee, Fort Pierce and Venice (Sharky's is off-site on the water but they will pick you up).