Partnership in 1967 M20F in Las Vegas

SantosDumont

I'm considering bringing on a partner for N221HP.  I moved to Vegas in August and since I have easy access to commercial flights at McCarran I'm not flying every couple days for work anymore, lately it has just been a couple times per month.  I'm looking to cut my expenses and split maintenance and hangar costs.  Currently the plane is hangared at Boulder City (KBVU).  I'm open to moving to Henderson Executive (KHND), but when I tried to find hangar space there the only available spot wanted $1200 to split a hangar with another plane.  95% of my flying is during the week for work and I can't fit my whole family in the plane so the it is available pretty much every weekend.  Another plus is my wife's brother is a local A&P so I haven't paid shop rates for maintenance except for the annual last year when the plane was new to me and I replaced everything that needed to be replaced.

My goals for the plane are ADS-B compliance (Garmin 345), Dual Garmin G5s (no more vacuum or HSI maintenance and GPSS for the autopilot), and a Garmin 650 WAAS GPS to make it a modern IFR machine.

Specs:
Continental IO-360-ES SNEW: 1850 STOH: 410
9 - 10 GPH in cruise @ 10000 ft. 150kts TAS
Compressions all 78/80
New alternator, voltage regulator, & vacuum pump
Garmin MX20 MFD (moving map & traffic)
STEC 30 Autopilot /w Altitude Hold
King 525A HSI w/ slaved gyro
Garmin 330 ES Transponder
Vision 1000 engine monitor
SL30 navcom
KLN89B IFR GPS
WX-500 Storm scope
Long range 100 GAL fuel tanks
Precise flight Speed Brakes
Tires and gear doughnuts replaced last annual
LASAR Speed Mods
One piece belly
201 Window
Whelen LED taxi/landing light, nav, strobes, & beacon
Gas powered tug to pull out of hangar
External power port with battery minder
Annual due 5/1/2018, IFR Sept. 31 2018

jpg_2018-01-08_14-57-41_1.thumb.jpg.09c0ec278748381dff6b984bbaeb4769.jpgjpg_2018-01-08_14-57-41_2.thumb.jpg.8739e17c32bc9f8cd44229ec2de4a846.jpg

Mooney partnership.pdf

36 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

@MHemperly

Mike, are you still in Vegas, did you find something else to fly yet? 

Hey Richard, yes I’m actually in Henderson now. Haven’t bought another plane yet but I have been flying with @SantosDumont safety piloting for him while he prepares for his instrument check ride. He was also kind enough to let me use 1HP to do my instrument currency. It’s a great flying bird and will make someone a happy partner.

• Like 1

Yeah I talked to him and he said he could charge a jet $2500... but a few months later and his sign is still up. KHND is a special place.  The shade hangar is like $200 /month and there’s a few years long waiting list.  There’s some developers building new T-hangars and they want $1000 / month. It’s crazy Vegas prices.