VFR Teterboro @ NYC

Dood

Hello everyone and best wishes for this new year.

I'm going to NYC from March 2nd to 6th and would like to fly over NYC in  VFR with a single engine piston  from the Teterboro Airport.

I am looking for a flight instructor and an ATO to be able to perform a dual flight.

Do you have someone to recommend to me?

thank you in advance,

Cyrille

I don't, but consider checking on a flight out of KCDW as an option to TEB.  Might be much easier to arrange, and traffic is also easier.  When you inquire, consider asking about a flight down the VFR Hudson River corridor, and a return via the East River with a left over Central Park.  The FBO at CDW is Air Bound, and they could possibly recommend a CFI for a "Discovery Flight".

+1 for exploring options at Caldwell, Lincoln Park or Linden in NJ; FRG out on Long Island.  Instructors and schools at each.  Once you're over the bridge or through the tunnel, the extra 10 minutes or so of drive time will be made up for with additional flying (not taxiing).

TEB is just miserable for single pistons, even on VFR days.  Expensive, congested...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dood said:

Hello everyone and best wishes for this new year.

I'm going to NYC from March 2nd to 6th and would like to fly over NYC in  VFR with a single engine piston  from the Teterboro Airport.

I am looking for a flight instructor and an ATO to be able to perform a dual flight.

Do you have someone to recommend to me?

thank you in advance,

Cyrille

You may want to reach out to Mike aka 201er. He is based at Linden and he does the Hudson corridor regularly. 

• Like 2