WTB: Aspen Display

N6758N

My NSD-1000's internal gyro has given up. Repair costs don't make sense when there are affordable solid-state options available. I am looking for an Aspen display (only the display, not the kit), I already have the other components necessary for the install. If anyone knows of a display for sale, please let me know. This includes demo units as I believe they are all the same part. 

58 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Are you talking about the PFD unit or just the LCD display part?  I think most the value is in the panel portion the other items are fairly cheap to replace. Probably be cheaper and a lot easier to just buy a used kit and toss the other parts. 

Yes, the PFD unit is what I need. IIRC the PFD and the Config module are about the same price for the PRO system. The RSM and ACU are around $700 each. 

1 minute ago, MIm20c said:

I was just about to link a mfd for sale on BT that might? work as a pfd with the other parts you have but it sold this morning. 

Thanks, I was looking at an MFD earlier as well, but I need to confirm with Aspen that the PFD and MFD displays are identical...

2 hours ago, N6758N said:

Thanks, I was looking at an MFD earlier as well, but I need to confirm with Aspen that the PFD and MFD displays are identical...

I'm betting they are identical, but there is an embedded serial number that identifies it as PFD or MFD and it can't be changed. Just a guess though.

2 hours ago, N6758N said:

Hardware wise the Aspen 1000 MFD is identical to the PFD but requires the obvious firmware to make it into a PFD. 

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

Hardware wise the Aspen 1000 MFD is identical to the PFD but requires the obvious firmware to make it into a PFD. 

Thanks Chris, I've found a MFD 500 for sale but I believe there is internal hardware differences between the 500 & 1000.