low priced flying m20c

doctor owned for many years before me.  I bought it then was gone for 4 years so it sat.  Recently ferried to mri anchorage ak by a mooney guy who said it ran great.  about 5000ttaf, 1300 smoh

20k or best cash offer,  must sell this week.  

the door latch needs adjustment and one of the com radios has an intermittent transmit.  the wings have bladders, but one has a leak right at the drain.  all ad's up to date.  only issue is recurring prop ad.  ive located a non ad prop 

please bring all offers, you never know and we really must sell  9073509493  jacksmithesq@hotmail.com

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

On 1/8/2018 at 2:29 PM, wburger1 said:

What is the tail number.  Cannot see it from the picture.  Too bad its not in the lower 48.

Not sure if this helps, but it at least narrows it down. Definitely not N68820 - that's a Boeing.

Looks like N6882U.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=6882U

Definitely not in the lower 48 - Here's the location of the registration

But he said it's at Merrill Field

Spimoco,

Starting price was 20amu...  that is typical of a fully run out M20C...

He wanted to sell this week... self induced pressure...

Pick a number of AMU that fits your acquisition budget.

then Dial away...

There doesn't seem to be a lot of local competition for you.

A cursory PPI is still a good idea...

PP Thinking out loud...

Best regards,

-a-

I spoke to him at length , it is in Anchorage and 4 Years out of annual.  You are up against the reality that the engine an prop will bolt on the front of a super cub , so it will most likely be parted out ....that being said I can’t decide if ferrying it back is a plus or a minus.....although a cool thought , the terrain is extreme for the first thousand miles of the trip , and that’s heading due south.     If you go great circle east more like two thousand miles extreme terrain..although I have big balls with a saw in my hand...I’m not sure if that trip is for me...I am still waiting for pics and scans of the books...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

I spoke to him at length , it is in Anchorage and 4 Years out of annual.  You are up against the reality that the engine an prop will bolt on the front of a super cub , so it will most likely be parted out ....that being said I can’t decide if ferrying it back is a plus or a minus.....although a cool thought , the terrain is extreme for the first thousand miles of the trip , and that’s heading due south.     If you go great circle east more like two thousand miles extreme terrain..although I have big balls with a saw in my hand...I’m not sure if that trip is for me...I am still waiting for pics and scans of the books...

Alan,

can I come along for the ride? Sounds like fun!!

Lawrence

5446DAE1-4013-4B71-9F4F-19D8FBEC23BC.jpeg

Edited by Candy man
  • Haha 2

On 1/9/2018 at 12:27 PM, Alan Fox said:

Your NJ comrade would be up for the trip.

On 1/8/2018 at 6:12 PM, Niko182 said:

who ever ends up buying that will have an awesome trip bringing it back.

Can't tell if that is sarcasm or not....

That plane in the condition it is in over that terrain is nothing short of a suicide mission.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Peace said:

Can't tell if that is sarcasm or not....

That plane in the condition it is in over that terrain is nothing short of a suicide mission.......

That would be your opinion. If it is signed off-followed by a test flight. Then why not?

28 minutes ago, Mooney1 said:

That would be your opinion. If it is signed off-followed by a test flight. Then why not?

Nobody has a crystal ball , If the plane dies , you die ,   A sign off does not make a plane reliable , neither does an inspection......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mooney1 said:

If it is signed off-followed by a test flight. Then why not?

Holy crap.....there is so much wrong with that statement.....

We all love out planes and think we have gold but you must realize that this is one of the lowest levels of aviation.  Flying a lawn mower with wings that has been sitting for years and signed off by some mechanic, probably working out of a van,  is not the way to go....I lived in ANC for almost a decade and I know what goes on at Merrill and the surrounding areas.....not impressed.

But if you think a sign off and a test flight is enough then I hope you have friends or family that will stop you from ever doing a flight like this...

ANC to anyplace in the lower 48 should only be done with a well known airplane that has had open checkbook mx for many years......and then only by an expert in terrain and a totally working knowledge of survival equipment.  Would also help if he/she was a great shot as well......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

Holy crap.....there is so much wrong with that statement.....

We all love out planes and think we have gold but you must realize that this is one of the lowest levels of aviation.  Flying a lawn mower with wings that has been sitting for years and signed off by some mechanic, probably working out of a van,  is not the way to go....I lived in ANC for almost a decade and I know what goes on at Merrill and the surrounding areas.....not impressed.

But if you think a sign off and a test flight is enough then I hope you have friends or family that will stop you from ever doing a flight like this...

ANC to anyplace in the lower 48 should only be done with a well known airplane that has had open checkbook mx for many years......and then only by an expert in terrain and a totally working knowledge of survival equipment.  Would also help if he/she was a great shot as well......

basically , if you survive a forced landing , and survive the elements , and a bear does not eat you        bears have the best sense of smell of all animals and can smell you miles away ,  you might survive 2 days.....

• Like 1

We recently had a fellow from southern British Columbia trying to find a missing Mooney which disappeared.  Why risk your life for an old not so rare airplane

I think I hear a quick cut saw running.

Clarence