My favorite PIper R.I.P.

Mutt muffs are one thing but getting O2 to the pooch is another entirely that I struggle with.

There are a couple products in the market but I don't know how either would work.

I saw a guy tape up a dig crate and make it into an oxygen tent but that seems risky too.

Eric needs his plane back. He's been spending too much time here.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

still trying to figure it out too :P i actually put my Cirrus up for sale and trying to figure out how to afford something with pressurization. 

Outside of that, i have been thinking about contacting Jorgensen Labs in Colorado; They make vet supplies and more specifically ICU cages. They make a canvas travel version that weighs about 35#; 

http://www.jorvet.com/product/buster-icu-cage-large/

I was going to see if it would work at altitude or if the cage is to porus to hold O2 levels; I would imagine that since it can be used for anesthesia , it is sealed enough to hold pressure in.

Edited by Samuri Husky
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Samuri Husky said:

still trying to figure it out too :P i actually put my Cirrus up for sale and trying to figure out how to afford something with pressurization. 

Outside of that, i have been thinking about contacting Jorgensen Labs in Colorado; They make vet supplies and more specifically ICU cages. They make a canvas travel version that weighs about 35#; 

http://www.jorvet.com/product/buster-icu-cage-large/

I was going to see if it would work at altitude or if the cage is to porus to hold O2 levels; I would imagine that since it can be used for anesthesia , it is sealed enough to hold pressure in.

This is what fluffy needs:

Dog-space-suit-with-mannequin-and-catapu

Have not had my lab in the Mooney yet, but flew Desi here (PnP) from Cocoa Beach, FL to Charleston, SC. She is deaf and was abused when young but a real sweetheart. Looked out the window the entire time. Needless to say, airplane noise was not a problem for her. By the way, if a deaf dog gets away from you calling her does not work at all

7f4712165e281df5d0c68bbb6c2f4001.jpg

77668edc710af02f8523685b97089774.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1