My favorite PIper R.I.P.

12 hours ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

My pointer is quivering and woofing in dreams...curled up in my lap.  My 55lb heater. Losing a dog is rough....Piper had a good run by sound of it.  Piper II?  Hope so.

Piper II?  Maybe Seneca.  The Piper line is sort of boring airplanes but all the names are good dog names.  How about Malibu?

But darned that airport needs a dog named 231.  Come 231.  Sit 231!

How about a dog named Mooney?

My girls are Cupid the big white samoyed with her massive white fluffy winter coat right now and she is sitting outside on the deck a happy as a clam even though its -14F this morning, with a smile looking out on the river.

Strava our little jack-russel-wire terrier mix, skinny all of 14 lbs is curled in my lap by the fire right now.  She doesn't like the cold.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Piper II?  Maybe Seneca.  The Piper line is sort of boring airplanes but all the names are good dog names.  How about Malibu?

But darned that airport needs a dog named 231.  Come 231.  Sit 231!

How about a dog named Mooney?

My girls are Cupid the big white samoyed with her massive white fluffy winter coat right now and she is sitting outside on the deck a happy as a clam even though its -14F this morning, with a smile looking out on the river.

Strava our little jack-russel-wire terrier mix, skinny all of 14 lbs is curled in my lap by the fire right now.  She doesn't like the cold.

I took Tuck down by the river yesterday.  It was 8 degrees with a brisk wind out of the east.  He was having a blast, running his arse off (as he had not been out for a couple days to run).  I endured it.  His old...not older, just old brother Badger was not “up for it”.  Like your Jack-Russel he HATES the cold.  My dog names reach limit at two-syllables. :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mooneygirl said:

My Mooney has about 300 hours.  He is a great co-pilot and even was in the back seat during a big portion of my IFR training. He never comments on my landings either!IMG_2566.thumb.jpg.a10146ca6428ee5d12ccc3cf71ba145f.jpg

mooney eyes.jpg

DSC_9488.JPG

I knew you might have a few Mooney pictures.  Love the sunglasses.

Since this is now officially becoming show pictures of your doggy in an airplane thread, I will be back to do just that tonight!

• Like 1

I use mutt muffs. The dig typically dislodges them before departure. So after takeoff we re-adjust them and they usually remain undisturbed for the rest of the flight. My first lab made it pretty clear he didn't like the engine noise so we tried various things till mutt muffs came out and these make it easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, kortopates said:

I use mutt muffs. The dig typically dislodges them before departure. So after takeoff we re-adjust them and they usually remain undisturbed for the rest of the flight. My first lab made it pretty clear he didn't like the engine noise so we tried various things till mutt muffs came out and these make it easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I showed a set of mutt muff's to my vet and he said "they wont do a thing to protect the dogs hearing, but if it makes you feel good and the dog will tolerate it, go for it" 

IMG00020-20090223-1950.jpg

6 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

I showed a set of mutt muff's to my vet and he said "they wont do a thing to protect the dogs hearing, but if it makes you feel good and the dog will tolerate it, go for it" 

IMG00020-20090223-1950.jpg

Why does he say that?  Off hand or with some specific knowledge?