Looking for longbody project

Alan Fox

2 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

Looking for  longbody project , Anything out there ????  Looking to be south of 100K    Might consider a Rocket ..

How do you feel about orphan German engines? There use to be a couple of PFMs that hit TaP or Controller every now and then. Probably meets your budget... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Probably a older bravo with a timed out engine will be close. I have my eye on one with the same paint scheme and color as mine, I wonder if the wife would notice?  Best deals on the market IMO. 

I've seen a few , problem is its more cost effective to buy one with time left on it.. 

might as well give this thing some consideration...

1980 MOONEY 305 ROCKET • $23,500 • PROJECT FOR SALE  3700 TT, TSIO-520, 98 SMOH, PSE7000, Sandel HSI, hard landing on grass. • Contact Allstate Aircraft Salvage located El Cajon, CA USA • Telephone: 619-322-1495 . • Posted December 22, 2017  Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser  Recommend This Ad to a Friend  Email Advertiser  Save to Watchlist  Report This Ad

12 hours ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

The best deals on the used Mooney market IMO are the most over-improved and carefully maintained beauties in the fleet.   

2 hours ago, teejayevans said:

Those are rare, unless some meteor hits the Mooney summit they are hard to find. emoji4.png

There's gonna be one of those over-improved and carefully maintained beauties available very soon but it is already spoken for. The best ones often sell before they're advertised. :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, teejayevans said:

Those are rare, unless some meteor hits the Mooney summit they are hard to find. emoji4.png

Yes, but you only have to find one. 

I practice what I preach—both my Ovation and P46T were over-improved cherries.  Not cheap.  But very good. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mpg said:

might as well give this thing some consideration...

1980 MOONEY 305 ROCKET • $23,500 • PROJECT FOR SALE  3700 TT, TSIO-520, 98 SMOH, PSE7000, Sandel HSI, hard landing on grass. • Contact Allstate Aircraft Salvage located El Cajon, CA USA • Telephone: 619-322-1495 . • Posted December 22, 2017  Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser  Recommend This Ad to a Friend  Email Advertiser  Save to Watchlist  Report This Ad

It is totaled big time..... They sent me the pics , and its not going back together....

4 hours ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

Yes, but you only have to find one. 

I practice what I preach—both my Ovation and P46T were over-improved cherries.  Not cheap.  But very good. 

Same here... both my M20C and the 252 I fly now fall into this category.

They aren't that rare at all.  Check with insurance companies.  Unfortunately people mistreat these planes quite frequently and they are available for sale.  If Alan can put things together as well as he can take them apart he should be able to find something interesting.

• 2 weeks later...