Pre Buy NC

20 minutes ago, L. Trotter said:

Lynn at AGL Aviation (KMRN) is a great place to consider. He is extremely thorough and will not disappoint. He knows Mooney's.

@AGL Aviation, is on MooneySpace (Tamara and Lynn Mace) is the only MSC (Mooney Service Center) in NC.

www.aglaviation.com/

I just had mine done at AGL too.  I felt good about the inspection, my only complaint is their business acumen.  Don't be in a hurry if you need to deal with them.  I was flying in from out of town to pick her up with a ferry pilot.  I told them on the phone when I would be landing to pick her up and everyone agreed.  Not only were they not there when I arrived, they weren't done with the inspection.  Arrived almost an hour after I landed and then had to finish the inspection.  And all of this is after I had been bumped in the scheduled twice after I dropped off a non-owned plane with them.  I'm easy to deal with, just tell me what's going on.  If they were behind, no big deal.  Give me a call and we can work something out.  I didn't head a word from them.  Luckily for me, my local A&P is quickly becoming a Mooney Guy whether he likes it or not.  I walked in the other day and he had 4 Mooneys in work, not including mine that was in for an oil change.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bob865 said:

I just had mine done at AGL too.  I felt good about the inspection, my only complaint is their business acumen.  Don't be in a hurry if you need to deal with them.  I was flying in from out of town to pick her up with a ferry pilot.  I told them on the phone when I would be landing to pick her up and everyone agreed.  Not only were they not there when I arrived, they weren't done with the inspection.  Arrived almost an hour after I landed and then had to finish the inspection.  And all of this is after I had been bumped in the scheduled twice after I dropped off a non-owned plane with them.  I'm easy to deal with, just tell me what's going on.  If they were behind, no big deal.  Give me a call and we can work something out.  I didn't head a word from them.  Luckily for me, my local A&P is quickly becoming a Mooney Guy whether he likes it or not.  I walked in the other day and he had 4 Mooneys in work, not including mine that was in for an oil change.

Oh my bob865. I hate that you had such a negative experience with us. You are absolutely right when it comes to our communication issue - starting in August until mid November I have to admit we were absolutely terrible. Around the time frame our records show we would have been closing on selling our home. I would imagine that our lateness would have had something to do with that or we had to immediately deal with an issue beyond our control. It is not a habit for us to be late when we're expecting a customer - especially to that degree. It is also important to understand that when performing a pre-buy we are not only working for the potential buyer but also for the owner of the aircraft. We did try to be as transparent as we could during that particular time - you have my most heartfelt apology that we were not more in touch. We are a husband and wife team with a small business, not a corporately owned entity - when something affects our lives it is felt through all facets. As much as we try to separate business from personal, we do sometimes fail. If you'd like to try us again, we'd be more than happy to accommodate you. We are working daily and diligently to resolve what is left of our communication issues. If your local A&P needs any help in becoming a Mooney guy, Lynn will be more than happy to be of service.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AGL Aviation said:

Oh my bob865. I hate that you had such a negative experience with us. You are absolutely right when it comes to our communication issue - starting in August until mid November I have to admit we were absolutely terrible. Around the time frame our records show we would have been closing on selling our home. I would imagine that our lateness would have had something to do with that or we had to immediately deal with an issue beyond our control. It is not a habit for us to be late when we're expecting a customer - especially to that degree. It is also important to understand that when performing a pre-buy we are not only working for the potential buyer but also for the owner of the aircraft. We did try to be as transparent as we could during that particular time - you have my most heartfelt apology that we were not more in touch. We are a husband and wife team with a small business, not a corporately owned entity - when something affects our lives it is felt through all facets. As much as we try to separate business from personal, we do sometimes fail. If you'd like to try us again, we'd be more than happy to accommodate you. We are working daily and diligently to resolve what is left of our communication issues. If your local A&P needs any help in becoming a Mooney guy, Lynn will be more than happy to be of service.  

The Maces are not perfect, if they were I could not stand it! But they are extraordinarily honest and sincere as well (as knowledgeable and conscientious) as I hope Tamara's reply indicates. 

Small shops have to deal with pretty extreme fluctuations in workload. They deal with emergencies that mess up their schedule.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AGL Aviation said:

If your local A&P needs any help in becoming a Mooney guy, Lynn will be more than happy to be of service.

Just a less than choice first impression.  The work was good so I'm sure I'll be back through.  Just offering some constructive criticism. 

:)