1978 Mooney 201 N7201H For sale in Dallas

wburger1

Metroplex Aviation is selling this Mooney out of Dallas.  Anyone know anything about the plane or Metroplex Aviation?  Engine and prop are worn out but price of 35K looks good even with the TBO's Prop and Engine.  Any Comments?   Thanks  Walt

moone.jpg

It will probably be sold before I can make a trip to go see it.  It has had 4 accidents including two gear ups.  It also has dents on the ailerons and scratched on the windshield.  If it is really that good of a deal I wonder why it did not sell locally first.  Wonder if the price is firm.  Definitely will need a prebuy.  Also has a GNS 430 not WASS.

19 minutes ago, wburger1 said:

It will probably be sold before I can make a trip to go see it.  It has had 4 accidents including two gear ups.  It also has dents on the ailerons and scratched on the windshield.  If it is really that good of a deal I wonder why it did not sell locally first.  Wonder if the price is firm.  Definitely will need a prebuy.  Also has a GNS 430 not WASS.

I don’t understand.  You are asking is the price is firm but worried it will sell before you can take a look?  Some people, in this case a dissolving club, just want to turn it over to a broker and be done with it.  I’m pretty sure it’ll be sold and paid for within a week. 

They have it listed for $34,900 OBO; it's definitely negotiable. At first look it seemed like it might be worth looking into. Flies regularly and all logs are there. They list the interior as "poor" but the real killer for me would be the damage history. Four accidents including two gear ups? I'm out.

When were the accidents and gear ups?   If they were a while back and the repairs are decent they may not be a big deal.  What were the nature of the accidents?  Does it fly straight and reasonably fast?  Maybe the high time and damage history could be used to push the price down even more for a still-decent airframe.   If you're looking for a low-price airframe to start with to build up something nice, such opportunities might be a good way to do it.