Today's flight for 2018

bonal

3 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Flew up to Redding last month and got to take my oldest daughter and grand kids up for the first time.

https://intothesky.us/2018/11/24/taking-my-daughter-and-grand-kids-flying/

You have grand kids?!  Are you sure you are old enough for that?  I think I will need to see some id sir.

Now those cute little people make the back seat of your Mooney look BIG!

• Like 4

Made first use of my PIN today to fly into the inner ring of the SFRA.  College Park is one of the three Maryland airports that require the background check. 

043B0450-1537-420A-A225-1358813B0CB5.jpeg.b405a9ad3e495a7bf114ba158aff386e.jpeg

Nice friendly urban airport and once I figured out which phone numbers to call to file and which for clearance delivery, no different than any IFR flight.   

8F1073D7-C440-4680-BCD6-048C244F4930.thumb.jpeg.6529f7a815572cd9cd2df02266a8fefc.jpeg

A pretty afternoon near Annapolis. 

• Like 10

An awesome tailwind from Tuscaloosa to Cincinnati yesterday. Nice to see 200 mph over the ground in an E.

I also continue to be floored with how many more weather tools there are since learning to fly and even over the last year. 42d4dee158f3d3af58c52e2434b868ed.jpg

• Like 1

A nice IFR trip from Chesapeake, VA (KCPK) to the Dayton, OH area (I73) last week. Above an ice containing overcast at 8000 ft. The sunset approaching Dayton was truly a sight - the photo, although nice, does not due mother nature justice. Admission was a near 40 kt head wind. It's Unfortunate that there so many terrestrial based individuals have no idea what we are so fortunate to experience. 

IMG_1852.thumb.jpeg.3d4c2a7156357770e4d73b7c07f87e36.jpeg

• Like 8

It's been so smokey from the latest Butte county fire we didn't even want to fly and most airports near by were IFR as a result. But finally the rains came and knocked down that devastating fire and cleared  the air. Went out to add some Cam Gaurd to my not so old oil and fly the pattern to get the corrosion off the PIC. Checked fuel levels and pilot side was just an inch and one half with just under five on the right side. Thinking on the discussion of the Mooney that ran out of fuel in New Jersey I added 20 gallons to be sure there was plenty in the tanks. First landing was terrible second was very nice third was also nice. Thought about a T and G but since I was not in a hurry and other than as a time saver I see no real application of the procedure I opted to doing full stops each time. Snoopy seems to be working fine with no issues. He really has been a very reliable beagle. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great flight to the Jack Daniel's Distillery then lunch in Nashville, made great time flying back to Enterprise. 

Flight Track Log ✈ N5612Q ✈ 05-Dec-2018 ✈ KJWN - KEDN ✈ FlightAware
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N5612Q/history/20181205/2202Z/KJWN/KEDN/tracklog

20181205_104440.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, J0nathan225 said:

Great flight to the Jack Daniel's Distillery then lunch in Nashville, made great time flying back to Enterprise. 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N5612Q/history/20181205/2202Z/KJWN/KEDN/tracklog

20181205_104440.jpg

I love this picture.   It makes me want to go buy a flask of Jack Daniel's .... and I don't even like whiskey.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J0nathan225 said:

20181205_104440.jpg

I would have to get a hotel room if I made that trip.

• Like 1

We made a trip to VCB to do some Christmas shopping at the nut tree a couple days ago. It was a CAVU day without a single bump as we approached the field there was a good bit of traffic and could not pick them out even though all were making good position calls so with a bit of excess altitude to shed decided to make a 360 orbit to let things sort out. After was able to get a visual on every one and made our pattern entry. The trip home had us landing near night always get a kick out of turning on the airport lights with the radio. Two really good approaches leading to really nice landings is always a good feeling.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...