2018 Mooney Resolutions

Bartman

20 hours ago, TWinter said:

Not for the plane itself, but my personal is to get the IFR ticket, I've been working on the home study part off and on for a while. Ready for CFI time. Would also like to start working toward Commercial..IFR is a must. A good start or possibly finish the Commercial by the very end of the year would be great!! 

Get ready to sweat a little. Scratch that, sweat a lot.

• Like 1

Improve the pilot...
Improve the machine...
fly more in 2018 than in 2017...
Read more MS...
Keeping it simple...
Best regards,
-a-

You read every post you can’t any more MS...:) cheers to a new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My plane is scheduled to have a G5 installed, 406mhz elt, and upgrade the JPI830 to the 900 January 22nd. We are removing the vac pump and spend a day removing every useless wire in the plane. Hopefully add some useful load. Good way to start the year. And my first resolution in about 10 years is to get my IR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1) Have some good fun flying

2) Don't crash, don't hurt anyone, don't damage the airplane

3) No bad luck with engine or corrosion issues!!

4) Get a BFR. First in 10 years?!? I've given plennnnty of BFRs, but have not had to do one as its been satisfied with checkrides once ever year or two in the past decade. I don't know what I'm going to do....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

You might want to contact Chase and see what he'll do for a trade-in toward a 440/540/550.

Or trade it for a nice GTN 750 or 650 since you're going to have to pay for installation anyway which is a big deal and makes older technology relatively less attractive.

• Like 2

Oh and one more goal... I have been mentoring a friend who is about to finish his PP and bought his J as an early Christmas present to himself. Kinda feels like I am living vicariously thru him in a way.  His enthusiasm is contagious and I look forward to seeing him get the PP, take his 15 hours of dual transition instruction, his first solo, and then sit in the right seat while he flies. 

I’ve been flying for 33 years and Mooneys more than half of that. I’ve been lucky to own some great airplanes and to fly them all over the place over the years, in all conditions. I really can’t wish for much more than that.

My wish is to have the same pilot friends I have now at the end of 2018. Happy New Year to all of you. Love my MS friends. 

Cheers,

JZ. 

• Like 8