N314EB

aviatoreb

13 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Having Shelby Stripes will usually attract so much attention... it can get you a ticket....  :)

Some pretty awesome engineering work has come out of TX!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Shelby

Best regards,

-a-

My “irresponsible” step uncle took me once in his reproduction souped up 500hp Shelby cobra he had built when I was 12 at 125mph down a 45mph rd.  He didn’t get caught... that day.

that car had a very special sound...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

What’s the speed limit for me again?  260 knots below 10000 ft?  I’ll try and behave.

250 knots.  That's indicated too!  

I was flying two charter pilots for my friend, local FBO owner,  into Bismark ND last spring to purchase a C340 and during descent I commented I needed to slow down for the "speed limit" as we came through 10K.  The 25,000 comercial pilot in the back seat says "what do you mean"?  I said I need to get under 250 knots.  He says you can fly this faster than 250 knots indicated?  I said yes, VNE is 274.  He comes back with "gee, I never have to worry about that in the Conquest, VNE is 247".  He liked the plane enough he had the other pilot fly the C340 back and returned to home base with me! (well, there's more to that story, but this version sounds better).  :>)

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

250 knots.  That's indicated too!  

I was flying two charter pilots for my friend, local FBO owner,  into Bismark ND last spring to purchase a C340 and during descent I commented I needed to slow down for the "speed limit" as we came through 10K.  The 25,000 comercial pilot in the back seat says "what do you mean"?  I said I need to get under 250 knots.  He says you can fly this faster than 250 knots indicated?  I said yes, VNE is 274.  He comes back with "gee, I never have to worry about that in the Conquest, VNE is 247".  He liked the plane enough he had the other pilot fly the C340 back and returned to home base with me! (well, there's more to that story, but this version sounds better).  :>)

Tom

..I knew it was indicated.

But I forgot the number - I would look up the number and remember it if I ever had to worry about that.  I know my mooney would fall apart before I broke the speed limit.

Whats your VNE in that sporty homemade thing you slum around in?

(Here's a new emoticon I just learned from my son:   :*)        

E

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Danb said:

Totally bad ass, it has to go on display at one of the events. Looks like a screaming jet in the hangar.

Thanks!  Bennett was telling me there is a restored category at Oshkosh Im trying to figure out how to get into.  Does anyone know how that works - where I link to find that information?  I have not found it yet.

I might like to go to one of the Mooney summit events if theres a category there and its not too far away like California.

Edited by aviatoreb

4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Very nice.  That prop and the steipes go well together, looks lovely and now we also know what YOU look like as opposed to a lovely teddy bear. :)  

as you said earlier before The Pi incident, it IS amazing how many little faults and tweaks are found when you take the paint off, AL had loads that all got fixed, like those little elevator hinge  covers where the edges gently corrode.   

I didnt go all dark on mine as someone pointed out to me it would cook in the sun, and as you know the South of France and other places i fly  to gets hot.  Yours DOES LOOK GOOD THOUGH.  

Thanks!  Yup...that's what I look like.  :-O

Yes we shall call it the great Pi incident moving forward.  My favorite number though is the golden mean.  I will say why on some future occasion.

There were many many very small body restoration things dine here and there from dings, to small plates with corrosion repaired or replaced, hinges, etc.  Nothing that I even noticed, but now the over all effect is it looks absolutely like a new airplane now.  

I had procrastinated for a few years to get a new paint job in large part because I didn't know how I wanted painted but I wanted it to be mostly different from anything I saw before, and also I wanted it to not be too busy.  So eventually I hit on this idea when I saw a really nice Shelby cobra in a car museum.  So I sort of modified that, with with stripes on the wings and tail, and stripes coming together in the back and the checkers. All standard themes but a bit old school with mostly straight lines.  But a very modern color and paint technology.

The black in the checkers by the way is matte black as is the black in the naca scoops.

Edited by aviatoreb

5 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

The overall effect on yours is great, especially with that Prop, without it i don't think it would work so well.  

The amount of stuff as I said before that needs "fixing" in a paint job is amazing, i had all the control rods taken apart, greased. some replaced and ALL the control hinges.  made a huge difference on the feel of the plane. 

The chequers i did look at for mine, but didn't think it worked, but it works on yours very well.  Love it.

Thanks Hyatt.  Next time I'm in London I will definitely need to make more time for not just a Hamburger, but to go kick some tires on your machine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

defo.  It will be fun, as long as the weather plays ball we could do a Scotland run or even nip across to France for lunch, beats ANY of your hamburger run stories going to KXXX whatever for a hamburger.  EGTR to LFAT pour la dejeuner, les Moules avec la ail.  :) .  If you want to be REALLY brave, we could do the Shetland Islands nip across to Bergen (Norway) (its only about 400 miles over water..... :)   

On the 16th Im doing the escape from a sunken aircraft course should be a laugh (not).  

WOW - that sounds so amazing.  Now I am trying to figure what excuse I can to...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...