Finally!!!

PTK

16 minutes ago, KSMooniac said:

It is, compared to their price of $25k for a new 256 gyro.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Yeah.  Browsing around looking at panel gadgets just makes me shake my head.... Aircraft Spruce has a Century HSI listed for $15k....  I thought for sure it had to be a typo, I could put together a device that does all that digitally for under $30, plus about a week of my time to brush up on Raspberry Pi and program it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cruiser said:

FYI ....................

Greenville Air Avionics is advertising an Aspen PFD Pro 1000 installed for $9,100.

Just sayin'

That's a great price! Unfortunately I don't think that includes the EA100 which allows you to get rid of the KI-256. But for another $2795 (list) you can get that.

That would make it 11,895 compared to Peter's quote of 11,600 for the G5 and KI-300.

How about we all chip in $10-$20 each to pay the $295 difference so Peter can get the Aspen he's always secretly wanted? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

That's a great price! Unfortunately I don't think that includes the EA100 which allows you to get rid of the KI-256. But for another $2795 (list) you can get that.

That would make it 11,895 compared to Peter's quote of 11,600 for the G5 and KI-300.

How about we all chip in $10-$20 each to pay the $295 difference so Peter can get the Aspen he's always secretly wanted? :)

Way to go Lance! You can sure keep a secret! Tell the whole world why don't you! Did you post it on Facebook too?! :angry::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
Expected Availability: JULY 2018

1) It’s July!
2) It’s 2018.
3) Peter hasn’t started celebrating yet.
Boy, that new digital AP sure looks good....
Best regards,
-a-

Just remember. It takes time to built fine Swiss watches!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, hypertech said:

I can’t put in a G5. If they did finally start shipping, I could get rid of my KI 256 and vacuum system with this. 

By the time the ki300 ships you can install g5, then when it gets old replace it with a g6.  Then replace that with a g7.  Or consider if the ki300 shipping in q1 2029 is better than the g7.

On 12/29/2017 at 12:02 PM, PTK said:

This is the email I received from BK:

Hello Peter,

The KI 300 will be available in late January of 2018. You can place orders with BendixKing dealers now. 

Best wishes and Happy New Year.

Steve

lol

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2017 at 6:44 AM, PTK said:

The KI300 is designed to replace the KI25x AI. It is the only such instrument that provides attitude reference to King autopilots. In addition it's made by Sandia, the makers of the Quattro Plus. For airplanes without autopilots or even for those with rate-based autopilots, the Quatro Plus is arguably the best of the best in quality and value.

I see it, thefore, as a brilliant move made by BK. They take the best electronic AI platform and have it provide autopilot reference to its own venerable and very capable autopilots. When Garmin, L3 and the rest are quick to sell us more than we need or want, and nothing of what we really need, i.e. autopilot support, BK gives us exactly what we need. Smart...very smart!

Edit:

I am strictly speaking about the digital King autopilots/FD such as my KFC150. Garmin tries to convince us to replace them for theirs. It makes “zero” sense imo to take out a digital ap only to turn around and put in another digital ap! When all we need is to remove the analog vacuum attitude, i.e. the weak link, and give the digital autopilot a digital AHRS for its attitude reference instead! It's a no brainer! 

https://pic.aopa.org/discuss/viewtopic/167/1933