What is the procedure

22 hours ago, Dream to fly said:

I thought the 252s had a gear horn interrupt  switch. ( I am probably wrong. )     I don't want to disable the system for good.  So pulling breakers and the such is not an answer for me. 

It is a gear safety switch override. This will allow you to retract the gear at lower air speeds (or in the case of very cold weather on older models with squat switches and old donuts) or when its on jacks. It isnt a switch to defeat the gear warning horn

5 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

It is a gear safety switch override. This will allow you to retract the gear at lower air speeds (or in the case of very cold weather on older models with squat switches and old donuts) or when its on jacks. It isnt a switch to defeat the gear warning horn

That is not what I thought:(.   Well then...  I need to fix it with new brackets and a switch.  Former owner was a DINK.   Thanks for clearing that up though it puts me on the right track. 

On 12/28/2017 at 9:48 AM, Dream to fly said:

Sorry I might have the wrong name but when you are in pattern and pull back the throttle the gear warning horn goes off.  there is a bypass to turn the horn off but still keep the light on.   I'd like that...

You may want to run this by your insurance agent too. If you were to disable or intentionally set the limit somewhere other than specified and have a gear up landing would your insurance deny the claim ? 

You may want to run this by your insurance agent too. If you were to disable or intentionally set the limit somewhere other than specified and have a gear up landing would your insurance deny the claim ? 
Well after reading all the posts. I misunderstood the switch function. So I will during the panel upgrade fix it correctly.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KLRDMD said:
I would have expected that would have been covered during transition training.

My plane doesn't have the switch in the panel. It only has the switch that sets off the gear down reminder that is not installed correctly. I thought the switch that I saw in a picture of another panel was used to mute the buzzer. My transition training was fine I'm looking to add. My fault. Joe

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk