Jerry Walters owner of Brittain Industries

RLCarter

Saw this on another thread and thought it should be moved to its own

Hello everyone, this is Cecilia Henderson with Brittain Industries.  My friend Chuck let me borrow his account so I could speak to all of you directly regarding Brittain.  On December 15th my brother Jerry Walters, our owner and resident expert, passed away after a brief battle with cancer.  As many of you already know, Jerry was the heart and soul of Brittain and leaves behind a big foot print which is impossible to fill.  Those of us left behind are desperately trying to find a way to move the company forward but with Jerry's passing we have lost our only certificated repairman (return to service authorization), our chief inspector (production approval), accountable manager and autopilot installation/repair expert.  Given the current circumstances we are unable to repair or produce any product at this time and therefore must ask that you NOT send your step servos or any other products to us until further notice.  If you already have product in our shop we will be in touch with you very soon about returning the products and we will keep you posted about our future via our website www.brittainautopilots.com

We are so grateful to the Mooney community for their support of our products over the decades and we will do everything possible to restart the company in as quick a time frame as we can.  We know many of you still have servos in need of repair and may even be on our backlog for upgrades to your current system.  Efforts are under way to sell the company in the hopes of completing the re-tooling of our production line and meeting our backlogged orders but this transition will take some time as we hire, train and apply for FAA approval of a new autopilot expert.

We invite you to reach out through our email account, support@brittainautopilots.com with your questions and request and Kevin and I will do all we can to assist you through this transition.  Thank you Mooney flyers, we hope to see you on the other side of this sad transition.

Sincerely,

Cecilia Henderson  

Edited by RLCarter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Very sad indeed.  Jerry, as well as Cecilia, have always been super helpful.  One might call it old school, but I think their service is why there is such a loyal following for a product line designed so long ago.  In this day of throw away electronics, there are some of us who were still looking at “upgrading” our Brittain autopilots.  Jerry will be missed and rembered by those of us who fly his products routinely.

• Like 1

Saw this on another thread and thought it should be moved to its own

Hello everyone, this is Cecilia Henderson with Brittain Industries.  My friend Chuck let me borrow his account so I could speak to all of you directly regarding Brittain.  On December 15th my brother Jerry Walters, our owner and resident expert, passed away after a brief battle with cancer.  As many of you already know, Jerry was the heart and soul of Brittain and leaves behind a big foot print which is impossible to fill.  Those of us left behind are desperately trying to find a way to move the company forward but with Jerry's passing we have lost our only certificated repairman (return to service authorization), our chief inspector (production approval), accountable manager and autopilot installation/repair expert.  Given the current circumstances we are unable to repair or produce any product at this time and therefore must ask that you NOT send your step servos or any other products to us until further notice.  If you already have product in our shop we will be in touch with you very soon about returning the products and we will keep you posted about our future via our website www.brittainautopilots.com
We are so grateful to the Mooney community for their support of our products over the decades and we will do everything possible to restart the company in as quick a time frame as we can.  We know many of you still have servos in need of repair and may even be on our backlog for upgrades to your current system.  Efforts are under way to sell the company in the hopes of completing the re-tooling of our production line and meeting our backlogged orders but this transition will take some time as we hire, train and apply for FAA approval of a new autopilot expert.
We invite you to reach out through our email account, support@brittainautopilots.com with your questions and request and Kevin and I will do all we can to assist you through this transition.  Thank you Mooney flyers, we hope to see you on the other side of this sad transition.
Sincerely,
Cecilia Henderson  

Ms. Henderson, I'm sorry to hear of your loss which is in fact a great loss to aviation generally and the Mooney community in particular. I flew for years with the original PC wing leveler system. I feel certain that that wonderful innovation saved lives, maybe even mine, that's a worthy legacy!

This website, MooneySpace, has advised many, many new Mooney owners to "call Tulsa", confident that you all would be able to take care of them at the most reasonable cost in our industry. God bless!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk