M20K factory engine instruments for sale

Geoff

• 2 months later...

Just checking on the CDT/TIT gauge.  Are the sensors available for them too?  My CDT side failed, before I bought the plane and just "INOP'd" that side. The previous owner said they were expensive and he didn't want to replace.   I've got an annual starting in several weeks, will be time to get one one way or the other. 

Edited by TargetDriver

Compressor side should last nearly forever...  it is in clean air, at not so high temps, a couple of hundred degrees...  not like the TIT, that suffers from chemical erosion in the fire...

Might want to check the wiring to see where it broke...

PP thoughts only, a CB at heart... :)

best regards,

-a-

TD,

You might want to check your Type Cert for the ship's CDT/TIT gauge.  If I'm not mistaken (and I was once) both sides are required equipment for airworthiness.  Placarding inop is not an option due to both gauges having red-line limits in the POH, be careful.  I have played with an intermittent issue on the CDT side of my ship's gauge for quite a while now, finally found a connection issue that seams to have solved it.

Good Luck, +1 for Lasar and their ability to refurbish the gauge and supply a new probe.

Ron

• Like 1

There are at least 3 versions of the TIT/CDT gauge. Two versions have a 6 pin connector but with different internal wiring and there is a version with a 5 pin connector.  They are all 14 volt and are not interchangeable. 

My IA went round and round on what he thought was a gauge problem a while back. That’s how we discovered the different gauges. The entire situation was painful but he finally prevailed!  

• 1 month later...

A, Marco and Capt R,   Sorry for the late reply.  Finally finished that 1 year deployment in Afganland ... was back home just long enough to pull the cowlings off and swap 12 bright new shiny Fine wire plugs in the beginning stage of an annual, then had to leave again for a month.  Will be reunited with my Mooney Mistress in 2 weeks to continue.  Thanks for the heads up on the CDT gauge. I'll definitely be checking the type cert.  I bought the plane 3 years ago now and its been through my prebuy and annual by a very reputable shop and had my 1 annual...no idea how many annuals the previous owner (he passed away at 84 yrs old and owned it for 26 yrs) had with it Inop.  All they told me was that he never replaced the sensor becasue it cost about 1G they thought.

I will definitely start chasing wires in this annual though.   Thanks guys !

...Just realized I get to change my location in my profile !!!  Ha       No Mo' war zone !

Welcome back again TD!

Hopefully good news...  a CDT doesn’t sit in a terrible environment like TIT.  

It should be pretty easy to pull, inspect, test, look for bad connection or broken wire.

A 1amu thermocouple?

CB PP thoughts only, not a CB mechanic...:)

Best regards,

-a-

• 1 year later...