Best Aviation Christmas Gifts

Ok, so this won't be necessarily the BEST aviation gift in Mooneyspace this year, but its been my best and most entertaining gift so far.

My daughter decided my wife and I needed some new soft side luggage for our travels in the Mooney and got one for my wife Glennie, appropriately embroidered with "The Pilot's Wife" and her name. Here's mine:

Rick's Bag.jpg

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 10

Santa delivered good this year... Finally got the Rosen Sunvisors I've been eyeballing the last few years.. Even if I did have to help her order them. :) Can't wait to get them installed. Obviously not these, but too early to take a picture  of actual etc..you get the idea. Can't wait to fly with them.

resen 2.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Txbyker said:

Nice gifts! Santa just dropped off a replica of my plane.2ffe68664fb93d33aaff87f7145d4e75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful model. Also noted the similarities  between the countertops and floor as in my kitchen. 

SAM_1828.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flight2000 said:

Sure looks like it.  That's the same store I got the sign above from.  ;)

Brian

Shameless plug for flyboytoys.com to all of you who "need" shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, hats, coffee mugs, door mats etc with your airplane printed on them. Great quality and as you can see from the pics, nice images matching your paint scheme and tail number. I"m a bit of a junkie (no pun intended) for that kind of stuff.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best gifts are Mooney gifts. Unfortunately, one of my favorites experienced a prop strike a couple of years ago (because toddlers). Love the ornament too, but I’ll love it more once my wife matches my paint job.

284536506a5c7824af56197c69b71781.jpg

96758a674673270ff24b89e0a7d6c1ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the A models with the wooden wings?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Browncbr1 said:

I got a new shirt.  Although aviation related, it definitely wasn’t designed by a pilot.  4 out of 6 right isn’t bad I guess.  For those of us who added some belly fat over the years.    ;)  merry Christmas to all!

890A2CB1-35C8-4AD7-A175-395541719445.jpeg

Interesting . . . You have airspeed and are climbing, but zero RPM and both fuel tanks are empty . . . .

• Like 1

I got a new shirt.  Although aviation related, it definitely wasn’t designed by a pilot.  4 out of 6 right isn’t bad I guess.  For those of us who added some belly fat over the years.      merry Christmas to all!

890A2CB1-35C8-4AD7-A175-395541719445.thumb.jpeg.bea64a5b7915bd09eee44adf4124b338.jpeg

I got a lump of coal. Santa left a note indicating “I was naughty” for posting a bunch of fat women photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got a note from the wife saying I can get what I want for the Mooney-

Just don't get upside down financially in it!   :-(

There went any thoughts of an all glass panel. 

Maybe her definition and my definition of "upside down" are different?  :-)

• Like 2