Early Christmas gift

Wonderful! Mites look like great, cheap fun! Definitely "personal" aviation, an airplane that the pilot wears . . . .

Didn't Al Mooney fly one fro  Kerrville to N. Dakota nonstop, landing because he was tired but not out of fuel? How tiny is the tank, seems to me it's just over 20 gal.

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Wonderful! Mites look like great, cheap fun! Definitely "personal" aviation, an airplane that the pilot wears . . . .

Didn't Al Mooney fly one fro  Kerrville to N. Dakota nonstop, landing because he was tired but not out of fuel? How tiny is the tank, seems to me it's just over 20 gal.

Here is the link to the story.  Brownsville Texas to Watertown South Dakota with 45 gallons of fuel which is around 4 times normal.

http://www.mooneymite.com/articles-history/longdistance.htm

Clarence

8 hours ago, Ned Gravel said:

Clarence:

Did Ron do the overhaul?

Hi Ned,

Merry Christmas!

Yes Ron did the overhaul for me.  It’s hard to believe the cost of parts for a small Continental, there are several thousand dollars in valves alone and  many other parts are now no longer available.

Clarence