ADS-B Cert flight

TonyK

I finally caught a break in the weather that matched my work schedule and went out to do my ADS-B cert flight yesterday.  I headed up to Burlington since it was the closest airspace to me.  I was asked to stay in the outer ring east of the airport and not enter the active restricted area that puts a dent in the circle.  A few observations.

1.  A class C outer ring is not very large in a Mooney.  

2.  The cabin heat is not very good when you are set up for slow flight and a -4F wind comes in through the other vents.

3.  Make sure you check in with approach or they might forget about you being there and you could go in circles for a long time.  

4.  I kept hearing that the redemption website process was super easy. I did not find it so easy.

I did manage to muddle through it and am now awaiting my big bucks from Uncle Sam.

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 7.51.49 PM.png