Repaint Cost

rpcc

18 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Used Joe’s website to request a long body quote a month or two ago with no response. Looks like calling is the best way to go.  Anyone have a recent LB quote using the 2014ish design?

I had occasion to be in contact with Joe for several months :( he does respond to phone best. I hate to call a guy who might be in the spray booth so I texted him and he usually called me immediately.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, chriscalandro said:

Airwolf crashed years ago killing everyone on board.

Correct, it crashed whilst flying in a thunderstorm in Germany while flying as an air ambulance. The one posted above is a replica which was at a mega mansion house at 916 Bel Air Road in Los Angeles and has since found a new home at Compton airport last I saw.

Spoke to one of my Mooney contacts and they said the factory was using three reliable paint shops for Ultras: Aerosmith (GGG), Corrigan (HDO) and Specialized/Tejas (HYI).  Cost to paint new anywhere from $25K up depending on scheme and paint used. There was one Ultra that a customer had painted outside of these three and a great job done, but it was $$$$$. 

3 hours ago, chinoguym20 said:

Spoke to one of my Mooney contacts and they said the factory was using three reliable paint shops for Ultras: Aerosmith (GGG), Corrigan (HDO) and Specialized/Tejas (HYI).  Cost to paint new anywhere from $25K up depending on scheme and paint used. There was one Ultra that a customer had painted outside of these three and a great job done, but it was $$$$$. 

As if 25AMU isn't $$$$$ . . . .  :D

31 minutes ago, David Lloyd said:

First airplane I had painted was $1750 at Harrington in Aiken, SC. It was in 1979. First annual was less than $300, including the brake caliper that was replaced.

20160411_211946.thumb.jpg.ae55870754377e733ff59a45c21be521.jpg

Interesting.  Online inflation calculator's suggest that inflation since 1979 should be 256%.  But the prices you just stated, suggest aviation ownership cost have increased 1000% or a factor of 4 too much.

5 hours ago, chinoguym20 said:

There was more than one.

4 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Interesting.  Online inflation calculator's suggest that inflation since 1979 should be 256%.  But the prices you just stated, suggest aviation ownership cost have increased 1000% or a factor of 4 too much.

If only airplane prices had increased 4X inflation since then . . . . 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Am I the only one who feels like a geek right now because I used to watch that show religiously?

No, I watched it all the time too. I went so far as to buy the DVD set (even the bad Canadian seasons). I tried watching a bit of it later in life but the acting was terrible. 

• Like 1