Repaint Cost

rpcc

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Yeah Dan! Where is it? He talked about coming down for some mid Atlantic crabs but it looks like he is staying with the lobsters.

I want to see this paint job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Dan and Maurader.  Thanks for remembering that I actually have an airplane...I am beginning to forget myself!

So the paint job is 100% done for like 3 weeks and then it was being annualed while also putting it back together since it was a complete disassemble style paint job.  Well there is a smallest of parts that needs to be replaced - the darn it should have arrived already and still did not arrive as of yesterday. :-?  I think its the Christmas season that's messing me up.  Its supposed to be in the mail vs back ordered or anything.  Anyway.....No one is working now until Wednesday.  So for all appearances it looks like week after next I get it back since this holiday season is in the way - bah humbug!  :-). Yeah I'm quite frustrated at all the delays that are one after the other and most of them had nothing to do with the shop or the airplane itself but mostly the infrastructure of the construction project at the airport.  I have seen it in person (in partial stages) and for my tastes, it is the prettiest color I have ever seen on an airplane.  A very very unusual substance was added to the paint that really makes it pop.

I have told working colleagues whom I need to visit both at U Delaware and also at Princeton U that I will come "soon" and I keep delaying since I don't want to drive.  And Crabs!!!  But wait - if I come in Jan there are no crabs this time of year are there?  No local crabs - the crabs they have are shipped from Louisiana or something if I remember right (I grew up in MD).  Local crabs start in April I think.

So she's blue, now, and I changed the tail number, and just this very moment I changed my signature block so it no longer says N10933 but it says N314EB.

I have tons of pictures of the paint in progress and now all but done but I was waiting for the big reveal to show them.  Or I could tease them out already.....

• Like 3

Just now, joe Hawk said:

Hi Everyone I'm Joe with Hawk Aircraft in Tampa Fl I'm on mooney space now ill be checking in from time to time if anyone has any questions with paint I will do my best to help.thanks you Guys that have all ready Hawked LOL talking good about me 

Merry Chrismas

Welcome Joe!

19 minutes ago, joe Hawk said:

Hi Everyone I'm Joe with Hawk Aircraft in Tampa Fl I'm on mooney space now ill be checking in from time to time if anyone has any questions with paint I will do my best to help.thanks you Guys that have all ready Hawked LOL talking good about me 

Merry Chrismas

Hi @joe Hawk, welcome to MS and Merry Christmas! I am anxious to get my '66E to you in March, you have a lot of fans here and it was easy to choose Hawk over a couple of other shops also on Scheme Designers recommended list based on the folks here whose planes you've painted.

In the meantime I'll be doing my "due diligence" on colors and schemes. I like what I have but I'm seriously considering going retro to the '66 livery using more up to date colors. We'll see, win win.

IMG_20160520_115855978.jpg

IMG_20150426_183711511_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Hi [mention=16655]joe Hawk[/mention], welcome to MS and Merry Christmas! I am anxious to get my '66E to you in March, you have a lot of fans here and it was easy to choose Hawk over a couple of other shops also on Scheme Designers recommended list based on the folks here whose planes you've painted.
In the meantime I'll be doing my "due diligence" on colors and schemes. I like what I have but I'm seriously considering going retro to the '66 livery using more up to date colors. We'll see, win win.
IMG_20160520_115855978.thumb.jpg.e09606223a56c3c659eba7e08bc585c1.jpg
IMG_20150426_183711511_HDR.thumb.jpg.368e5459dbbb4df411029cdc72c5cd64.jpg

+1 for retro....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, joe Hawk said:

Merry Chrismas

About time brother :)  Seriously great to have you here Joe!

2 hours ago, Parker_Woodruff said:

My Mooney was painted at Hawk. I sure do miss it...PIC_010.thumb.jpg.8be155d52d13e1df56443f608822fc9f.jpgPIC_009.thumb.jpg.71e1b34dd59d1b0918ee0f48e2922f95.jpgPIC_007.thumb.jpg.1f234bcf3900ffaeb60a94a77b657c77.jpgPIC_003.thumb.jpg.cd55b16a18dd5fd33550cefc027e83d1.jpgPIC_001.thumb.jpg.1bbae6c33a6e23c8bed20eda3cd9b58e.jpg

PIC_012.thumb.jpg.3e5c527559fd1731182ec17ae8e89bf4.jpg

Very happy with the results.  Black metallic, gray metallic, silver.

One of the best Mooney paint jobs I have seen.  I was going to copy it before selling the J.  

Russ

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, joe Hawk said:

Merry Chrismas

Merry Christmas Joe, Joe Dion says hi.

Joes J.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Txbyker said:

Erik,  when is the reveal?

Do you see my post earlier in this thread?  Paint is done but it got delayed in annual for a missing part and the Christmas mail.  So with holidays I HOPE it will not be more than the week after this week coming.  Jan 2?  Anyway I figured I was going to post pictures once I have it in my hands rather than the partial in progress pictures I have from the shop.

Soon!  I hope...

Just now, aviatoreb said:

My new design is maybe not dramatic - but to my eye I chose something timeless.

We are all waiting with breathless anticipation!! New, timeless paint scheme combined with that awesome 4-blade prop . . . .

Did you paint it silver with black writing and invasion stripes?  ;)   :P

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hank said:

We are all waiting with breathless anticipation!! New, timeless paint scheme combined with that awesome 4-blade prop . . . .

Did you paint it silver with black writing and invasion stripes?  ;)   :P

:*)

..it’s not Pink Kitty theme....nope that’s my wife’s car...and lots of fun to drive that thing around when mines in the shop.

I’ve been privy to a couple of photos of Erik’s paint job in progress. She should be the queen of the fleet when done. The paint is flawless-smooth as I have ever seen, and if the actual color of the wings is as good as the photos, she should be an Oshkosh award winner. It’s been a long siege for Erik, but in the end what a great airplane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

On 12/23/2017 at 10:33 AM, joe Hawk said:

Merry Chrismas

Back at ya, Joe....geez, it took long enough to get you here. :wub:

Parker...your former plane come in a close third place, after mine and Byron's. Since Joe tells me Byron did a fair amount of the painting himself, so that should probably disqualify him. ;)

On 12/23/2017 at 6:35 PM, LANCECASPER said:

Careful . .  copying paint jobs is a capital offense on Mooneyspace . . lolb

Well if I ever get mine repainted (was supposed to be last summer but had engine work instead), mine is going to look suspiciously similar to @jetdriven.  That's just one of the best looking planes I've seen.  I guess I'll have to send Byron some beer or whiskey or tequila to get his approval!

• Like 1