Sensorcon Inspector CO Detector Endorsement

4 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

I hang mine on the door pull , when taxiing out , it can go as high as 8 , but in landing phase from rollout to taxi , it can go as high as 50 or so.... In cruise it is 0 , I have an 83 J , has anybody figured out where it enters the cabin from the outside , as I would like to see it at 0 and stay there .... In the Bonanza , it is always at 0......

This is what I'm seeing;  it's always a very low value or zero unless I'm at reduced power or in landing config, and not always then, either.   

9 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

I think it comes in from the wing to fuselage fairings. Just a guess. I have heard there is supposed to be tape under the seals?

Yes there is foil tape under the wing cuffs , but they are riveted in , and I have no reason to  believe they have been tampered with...  Also I find it weird that I can smell oil , from time to time and the thing still reads 0..

I have a question as @Junkman stated he noticed the CO levels climbing and it was at that point he declared an emergency.  That being said some of us carry O2 would using the O2 system help and maybe give more time.  My thinking is declaring an emergency is great and is the right thing to do but declaring doesn't fix the problem so would breathing O2 extend your time in a CO environment?

1 hour ago, Dream to fly said:

I have a question as @Junkman stated he noticed the CO levels climbing and it was at that point he declared an emergency.  That being said some of us carry O2 would using the O2 system help and maybe give more time.  My thinking is declaring an emergency is great and is the right thing to do but declaring doesn't fix the problem so would breathing O2 extend your time in a CO environment?

My understanding is yes it would help. Put on a mask if you have one and turn the flow as high as it will go. 

Oxygen and CO both bind to hemoglobin the same way so the more oxygen available the lower the opertunity for CO to bind.

The first treatment they will give you for CO poisoning is oxygen.