Selling my Plane

Ron McBride

8 hours ago, Marauder said:

We have an understanding of the current value, the issue is that the potential buyer doesn’t.

When you do a vRef on my plane, the “value” shows $108k based on the equipment installed, hours on the engine, etc. The VRef also doesn’t take into consideration the value of enhancements people make. Like the $1500 plus labor to install LEDs or the $2150 for the CiES senders and the JPI 900 modification to work with them.

In reality, no one would offer me that kind of money (sans one desperate Cherokee owner on my field who wants to buy my plane for $100k). Everyone knows an F is at best a $55k plane, right?

This is why I tell people considering upgrading a plane, they better have long range plans on enjoying their investment. Because as Gus suggestions, if I said I want $100k for my F, the CB herd comes out to tell me why my HIGHLY modified F is only worth $55k.

Watch this. Any takers for my F for $102k? emoji23.png

9ff2ce2b0668e12d75a85affc9457642.jpg

dfafacb06d7e682c7da41777fb749050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great advice I know how you feel I have a J with sooooo many improvements that I will never get back.  I never really think about it though.  My J is every bit of like a cirrus and I have 1/4 of the cost of a new plane.  Buying an airplane as an investment never was in the cards for me.

56E78EEA-004F-40B0-AA88-D2C310FFA995.jpeg

ABDF436B-8752-489D-9637-E0D3858E022B.jpeg

• Like 6