IFR training tips in a C model - continuous thread

DXB

IR Checkride for tomorrow got cancelled because of weather.  My DPE is not available again for the next month .  Any other well-regarded DPEs in easy flying distance from Philly who I might try??

Who were you supposed to fly with? There is a guy from Allentown who is pretty good. Let me know if you want me to get his contact info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14 hours ago, carusoam said:

Asking @Cris Might get an answer to who are the DPEs in the neighborhood...

Good luck Dev,

-a-

I’d suggest Tom Callahan who flys out of the Flying W in Medford. However Tom may be medically down at the moment. Alternatively go onto the AOPA web site for Instructor options or call them direct. They should be able to help. 

14 hours ago, carusoam said:

Asking @Cris Might get an answer to who are the DPEs in the neighborhood...

Good luck Dev,

-a-

I’d suggest Tom Callahan who flys out of the Flying W in Medford. However Tom may be medically down at the moment. Alternatively go onto the AOPA web site for Instructor options or call them direct. They should be able to help. 

Tom is done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 5 weeks later...

Finally!  I finished my IR today, 3.5 years after finishing my PPL  and buying my M20C.  I can't say it was a great checkride performance, but I owe a huge thanks to my truly outstanding CFII Charlie Haubrich (pictured), who is also a Mooney Safety Foundation instructor. I am also grateful my DPE was in a forgiving mood today.

Now I need to figure out how to stay current...:wacko:

441605936_IRcheckride6-14-18.thumb.jpg.3aa2c8754a2b0890e983f41231bcb682.jpg

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, DXB said:

Finally!  I finished my IR today, 3.5 years after finishing my PPL  and buying my M20C. . . . .

Congratulations!! I see you've already figured out the hard part . . . . . .

• Like 1

Finally!  I finished my IR today, 3.5 years after finishing my PPL  and buying my M20C.  I can't say it was a great checkride performance, but I owe a huge thanks to my truly outstanding CFII Charlie Haubrich (pictured), who is also a Mooney Safety Foundation instructor. I am also grateful my DPE was in a forgiving mood today.

441605936_IRcheckride6-14-18.thumb.jpg.3aa2c8754a2b0890e983f41231bcb682.jpg

Way to go Dev! If you need a safety pilot, let me know.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Way to go Dev! If you need a safety pilot, let me know.

Likewise Chris! I need to get plugged into the safety piloting scene around here.

• Like 1