Foreflight ahars freak out

bradp

Hi all.  

I need some advice troubleshooting an ahars issue with Foreflight / flightstream 210.  

This is with the Foreflight ahars display being run from the chip on the flightstream 210.  Makes me dizzy.  

On Garmin Pilot running connected to the same FS 210 it appears as though the behavior of the ahars is slightly off.  Ie. It will show a dip to the right when initiating a left turn and then correct intensely  

This behavior is new... only new change is that I have the Aera 660 connected to it.  I had been running the FS-210 flawlessly until last flight.  

I think first step will be to disconnect the Bluetooth to the Aera , followed by checking the mounting for the Flightstream 210.  I know that the yaw error can only be something like 1-deg so this seems like a low hanging fruit... any other ideas?  

Thanks 

Brad

The AHRS in the 210 may be the problem. The other devices just present the data. The electronic AHRS in the certified boxes use the pitot static input to aid in the determination of the AI. Since this isn't being done on the FS-210, i wonder if any input is being pulled from the GPS.

Update - my last flight I did absolutely nothing different and the ahars issue self resolved.  The only thing I did ensure was that I sat for a couple of minutes prior to taxiing after flipping on the radio master to make sure the FS-210 had plenty of time to align.  Must have been an alignment issue. Less likely a software issue.   

F2EC69C9-D173-4646-A6F9-DB318EA3C597.jpeg

2FAB08BA-B98D-43FE-B71E-77A09FFAF1A4.jpeg

7F8BF44F-A854-4F59-8C1B-D28635964C7C.jpeg

• Like 1