Fuel Indication Issue

ziggysanchez

Recently my right fuel quantity gauge will show accurately until I'm below 25 gallons. Any amount of fuel below 25 gallons shows as 25 gallons. I had the JPI 900 installed in my 231 last October. The fuel senders were sent out for overhaul at that time and have given me fairly accurate readings til now. The JPI was a replacement for all my primary gauges. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Edited by ziggysanchez

Xziggy

I have a JPI830 soo my comments may be mute..but I was not aware the JPI products used a volume in the tank sensor

With the JPI 830 your fuel is dependent on a value you program less that USED  as provided by a very accurate  flow meter .

Bring me up to speed on features of the 900 series . Does JPI compute fuel remaining from tank senders or flow meters for each tank?!

11 hours ago, ziggysanchez said:

Recently my right fuel quantity gauge will show accurately until I'm below 25 gallons. Any amount of fuel below 25 gallons shows as 25 gallons. I had the JPI 900 installed in my 231 last October. The fuel senders were sent out for overhaul at that time and have given me fairly accurate readings til now. The JPI was a replacement for all my primary gauges. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Hi Ziggy. I got so frustrated with the JPI error messages (fuel mismatch) that I pulled my resistive senders and installed the CiES solution. As noted above, I think you have 4 senders in your fuel system. The older Mooneys had 2. The outer sender allows for measurement until the inner sender provides readings. It is needed for the larger capacity fuel systems (64 gallons) because of the wing shape. It really sounds like the inner sender isn't working. The outer sender would hit the bottom of the tank and show 25 gallons and the inner sender isn't providing any input.

1 hour ago, Mooneymite said:

When I have fuel quantity indication accuracy problems, it is usually cleared up by cleaning the grounding.

Yeah...that was the first thing I did. I was hoping that’s all it was. No cigar. Next step I guess is sending this fuel sender out for repair. I’m not yet ready to invest the time for replacing all of them. Maybe when I have the tanks resealed I’ll upgrade.

Rebuilding the old technology...

Or make the jump to lightspeed...

You have gone digital on the front end, it may make sense to go digital on the back end...

Marauder already showed the way forward...

PP thoughts only, I still have the analog things... would love some Cies floats and a JPI 900...

Best regards,

-a-