Dynon Certified thread

Yetti

3 minutes ago, Navi said:

Hehe.... YA..   (I know)  But I was able to confirm (FWIW) that the approval is submitted (Dec) and is stuck in the guvmint shutdown...

So maybe? :)

It looks like beautiful stuff.  But they have built an almost comically bad reputation for showing beautiful vaporware and promising - for years - that it is coming in the next quarter.  Otherwise, it looks nice.

• Like 1

I got curious and checked the xVue touch page, it integrates with all the autopilots(made by King), unless they need an attitude indicator or turn coordinator or altitude preselect, then you need to keep those legacy components. Oh, but it will at least display the FD bars on-screen. So I'm guessing it can pretend to be an HSI/GPSS and display command bars.

I wonder if someday they'll make it compatible with the mythical autopilot adapter for the mythical KI-300.

5 minutes ago, Steve W said:

I got curious and checked the xVue touch page, it integrates with all the autopilots(made by King), unless they need an attitude indicator or turn coordinator or altitude preselect, then you need to keep those legacy components. Oh, but it will at least display the FD bars on-screen. So I'm guessing it can pretend to be an HSI/GPSS and display command bars.

I wonder if someday they'll make it compatible with the mythical autopilot adapter for the mythical KI-300.

One of my spies speculated in Dec that King was going to rebrand the TT Vizion and market it . This was just announced... So one of the first APs to be certed with this display is the King branded Vizion..

So... I would speculate that when the Vizion is STC'd for the Mooneys, and this becomes STCd for the Mooneys…

well , another option, that's all...

But with the SkyView now so indefinite... This may be a lot closer?

FWIW....

10 minutes ago, Navi said:

So... I would speculate that when the Vizion is STC'd for the Mooneys, and this becomes STCd for the Mooneys…

well , another option, that's all...

Did you just say "when" in reference to the BK Vizion product becoming STC'd for Mooney...as an option that may move from vaporware to product we can purchase before I retire - in 25 or 30 years?

31 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Did you just say "when" in reference to the BK Vizion product becoming STC'd for Mooney...as an option that may move from vaporware to product we can purchase before I retire - in 25 or 30 years?

From what I am aware … expect the TT Vizion first and the BK version to follow... they are the same and I expect the BK STC to piggy back on the TT STC..

There is a Mooney  (I think "E") in the TT hangar with "TRUTRAK" painted on the side... The plane may actually be theirs..  (?) They own a 172..

Check this ..https://www.facebook.com/trutrak/videos/495367994278357/

Vid was done back in Sept..

Call Corey and ask ?.. They are very transparent..

Nav

Edited by Navi

7 minutes ago, Navi said:

From what I am aware … expect the TT Vizion first and the BK version to follow... they are the same and I expect the BK STC to piggy back on the TT STC..

There is a Mooney  (I think "E") in the TT hangar with "TRUTRAK" painted on the side... The plane may actually be theirs..  (?) They own a 172..

Check this ..https://www.facebook.com/trutrak/videos/495367994278357/

Vid was done back in Sept..

Call Corey and ask ?.. They are very transparent..

Nav

Well it does look very cool.

Way to go Navi!

The only thing we need now... price and delivery...

Expect BK to answer with Q3... Without any year associated with it.

If you see a  Mooney with the words TT on it... was it in the Vegas area?  Jeev might know something about it...

Now back to the originally scheduled program....

Go Dynon!  We’re counting on you... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Way to go Navi!

The only thing we need now... price and delivery...

Expect BK to answer with Q3... Without any year associated with it.

Best regards,

-a-

You may well be correct!   Be nice if they surprised us all...  But their past record is not encouraging…

They did quote me 12 AMUs today, "suggested retail" FWIW....

Well Since Dynon has the C172 STC already done, it is just an AML for the rest of the models so in theory quite far ahead of BK.  The Skyview Baron STC should be done this quarter also.   It is on a separate track than the Dynon corporate one. 

6 hours ago, m20kmooney said:

Every once in a while BK needs to be slapped out of their heavy sleep. I predict Garmin will slap them this time by certifying the G3X touch this year at Oshkosh. 

That would be a boost to Garmin in the autopilot world..!

The biggest negative to the GFC500 is that it NEEDS the G5's  (two of them) to function at all. No options...

Gan the G3X operate the GFC 500 in the experimental world?

Nav

20 hours ago, Navi said:

There is a Mooney  (I think "E") in the TT hangar with "TRUTRAK" painted on the side... The plane may actually be theirs..  

Keep an eye out for this plane. If it’s lined up with the runway certification is three months out. However, if the plane is lined up with the taxiway on short final it’s 6 months out (I know, I know 700 agl). 7CDB3804-7C95-414B-9234-BC655EE6A66F.thumb.jpeg.e4ba98af97c0afbff9398b43ff10a9cc.jpeg

Keep an eye out for this plane. If it’s lined up with the runway certification is three months out. However, if the plane is lined up with the taxiway on short final it’s 6 months out (I know, I know 700 agl). 

Cannot fault your logic!    :)

Nav

On 2/2/2019 at 4:32 PM, MIm20c said:

Keep an eye out for this plane. If it’s lined up with the runway certification is three months out. However, if the plane is lined up with the taxiway on short final it’s 6 months out (I know, I know 700 agl).

I think we agreed I would test the Skyview and others could test the TT.    Value to function the 7AMU for the TT does not seem to hold water to the $750 for AP to a fully integrated system.

It's a race to the AML finish line....     I have a couple of IAs lined up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just giving some information and an update on this thread.  I sent Dynon a message voicing my support for the Mooney STC and asked if the EFIS D10A was required as the backup attitude indicator or if another backup AI could be used.  The answer I got was that the D10A would be part of the STC so it would be required for the HDX installation.

Much to my surprise, I also got a quick phone call from Dynon discussing the question as well.  The biggest takeaway from the phone call was that if I was not 2020 compliant yet he said not to wait for the Dynon Mooney STC as he was not expecting it in 2019.  So if we are lucky, 2020 I guess.  Fingers crossed as I am really looking forward to that system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MilitaryAV8R said:

Just giving some information and an update on this thread.  I sent Dynon a message voicing my support for the Mooney STC and asked if the EFIS D10A was required as the backup attitude indicator or if another backup AI could be used.  The answer I got was that the D10A would be part of the STC so it would be required for the HDX installation.

Much to my surprise, I also got a quick phone call from Dynon discussing the question as well.  The biggest takeaway from the phone call was that if I was not 2020 compliant yet he said not to wait for the Dynon Mooney STC as he was not expecting it in 2019.  So if we are lucky, 2020 I guess.  Fingers crossed as I am really looking forward to that system.

Nice to see they are being up front with their future STC prospects. MUCH better than dodging and punting...   TruTrak is the same, they tell it like it is, although the message is not what one want's to hear...

I always find it easier to deal with too much information than to deal with not enough. 

A good sign …   :)

Nav

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Navi said:

Nice to see they are being up front with their future STC prospects. MUCH better than dodging and punting...   TruTrak is the same, they tell it like it is, although the message is not what one want's to hear...

I always find it easier to deal with too much information than to deal with not enough. 

A good sign …   :)

Nav

I like the Dynon offering but to be honest the Dynon rep at Oshkosh 2017 said the Mooney would be certified around the first of the year (January 2018) timeframe.  My guess is for the full system w/ autopilot it will be January of 2021. However, I do agree that Dynon has been more realistic with estimating lately. 

I have heard that they admitted that they were way optimistic at the time...   It is also important to distinguish the difference between the HDX being certified, and the HDX  with autopilot  being certified… Information posted on the Piper forum would suggest the HDX to be later this year for the higher end Pipers, ( looks like they may now be targeting the "higher value" aircraft) but WITHOUT the Autopilot option...

FWIW...

Nav